Defender's Quest for Home Game Consoles

So those of you who follow me on twitter probably just saw this:

That’s HaxeFlixel’s stock demo, “MODE” running on a WiiU. Of course, HaxeFlixel is the engine Defender’s Quest HD and Defender’s Quest II are built on top of.

I’ll be doing a talk on this at the 2015 World Wide Haxe conference this Sunday and when I return I’ll put up a video of the talk. For most of you it will be boring technical details, but here’s the upshot:

Defender’s Quest HD and Defender’s Quest II are now coming to the following platforms (almost certainly, in terms of us being technically able to do it, official approval pending console holders, blah blah):

• WiiU
  • XBox One
  • PSVita
  • PS4

We’re also going to try for these platforms too depending on technical stuff (DQ’s memory overhead mostly) / kit availability:

• PSVita
  • 3DS
  • PS3

The tech stack we’re building will eventually support all of those, whether DQ itself makes it to every single one depends on priorities, blah blah.

And yes, PC is still our first and primary target. I’m hopping on a plane first thing tomorrow morning and I’m rushing to get packed so I probably won’t be able to answer any questions right off the bat, but I’ll get to them eventually!

PS:

You’ll notice this forum has a new admin, @emilysweet – that would be Emily Doucet, my wife and business partner. She’s doing community management while I’m gone, so if you have a question or need in my absence she’s the one to ask. She’s also running the Level Up Labs email account while I’m gone.

Also when I come back I’ll make a proper official announcement with newsletter and stuff. I don’t have any materials on hand at the moment.

3 Likes

You made your wife an admin? Shameless nepotism! :open_mouth:

Welcome, Emily. :smiley: How involved have you been in DQ, if you have? Hopefully Lars spared you from alphatesting the Supersheep or the Desert Monument puzzles.

Welcome Emily!

@Lars: even if it’s mostly technical stuff that’s going to go over my head, I look forward to the video of your talk!

Give the world a glimpse of what HaxeFlixel is capable of Lars, thanks so much for your work in making this possible!

Thanks, guys. Glad to be here.