Defender's Quest II: Uematsu Music, Battle Art, Story!

A story update, new battle art, and best of all, the first reveal of music for Defender's Quest II composed by Nobuo Uematsu!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.fortressofdoors.com/defenders-quest-2-uematsu-music-battle-art/

Yay, more DQ2 news! For some reason, the captain makes me think of a mix between DQ1 Slak (for his somewhat trollish demeanor and little respect to sciency stuff) and FF7 Cid. Interesting ideas about integrating gameplay and story, too (loved the part about city moving around along with its shield)! Also, Nobuo Uematsu music~! :slight_smile:

Fun fact: when I saw Azuri’s art, I kinda thought of Azra (must be the librarian/scientist girl thing), even before I read her name.

Also, can’t wait till DQHD gets released, too. :3

Everything still uses the DefQ1 style! I really liked the art and the music. (And the writing.)

I’m digging the music sample so far. The best part of it is that it doesn’t sound the stereotypical Uematsu music (his Final Fantasy tracks began to get really samey) as well as it seems to have taken some cues from his fellow composers like Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Cross) and Hitoshi Sakimoto (every game set in Ivalice).