Happy birthday, Defender's Quest!

Wow! It’s been 4 years already! Unbelievable!

Anyway, today I’d like to ask you a simple question: How did you find out about Defender’s Quest and what led you to buy it? Also anything you’d like to talk about that is related to Defender’s Quest. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got it from the Kong forum about over 3 years ago (pre-Gold). I didn’t pick the game up at the time, but some months later I came back to the demo and decided to buy the game! I’ve always loved Tower Defense and these kinds of RPGs. And who knew they could work out so well when mixed together! I

Some time later I found this forum and decided to sign up for testing. This allowed me to reach the developer (Lars) much more easily AND I could also contribute (directly) to the game and improve it! I’ve reported and helped fix many bugs already (and with DefQ1 HD in the alpha phase I’ll definitely find more).

I constantly go back to this game since it’s so good. Opening it up, grinding the final battle at casual for some time (great place to grind, mind you :P) and then trying to get some more gold stars. I have yet to 100% this!

tl;dr this game is great and you should play it!

1 Like

I found out about it nearly as soon as the demo was published on Kongregate.
I loved the demo and wanted to play the rest of the game, so I bought it.

Best decision I ever made regarding the purchase of games.

I first came into contact with the game on onemorelevel.com. It was just the demo but I remember playing the entire demo and being crazy for more. After that I looked for it on Kongregate and discovered that it too was only a demo. I went to the source and bought the game, album and all. Been a groupie ever since. It’s crazy to think it’s been 4 years now. But I definitely bought it before it was on steam. Anyway I’m glad to be a fan of this game and thank you everyone involved!

Demo on Kong. And it was basically the first game ever where even before completing the demo I was like “shut up and take my money”.

What made the biggest impression was of course the story. But the rest of the game was just as good. Simple interface, targetting options, keyboard shortcuts, no annoying animations, speed settings including pause, and last but not least the TD/RPG mix that managed to take the good stuff from both genres…

Then I more or less invented hero mode and linear playthrough and that for me multiplied the enjoyment…

1 Like