Perma-stunned enemy

I noticed this seems to only be happening to cultists, or mostly just cultists.

Guess what? Cultists are immune to knockback in NG+. This might mean that the “is being knocked back” flag gets set to true (which prevents them dying until they “land”), but then they never “land” because they… never get knocked back!

I’ll investigate. It’s a good hypothesis for now.

So, I’ve got a fix in for this. It will be in version 1.0.25, and will hit the test server later today.

Fixed in version 1.0.27, I’m pretty sure.

What version is on Steam? I’m playing it on Steam and can easily replicate permastun. Azra has only 1 point in Lightning, is lvl 48, and equipped with Shock Lightning and Furious Start. All I have to do is spam Shock Lightning at any enemy and after 3 or 4 it’s frozen in place until I get around to spawning a hero on it or spelling it to death. This is absurdly convenient for dealing with splitters, clearly.

I’ve also executed the procedure with the Facey book instead of Furious start, and from as low as probably level 30 though I don’t recall what level I was when I first noticed it. I’ve also respeced to rank 15 lightning and it still worked. I don’t think level, skill rank, or gear matters. It seems to be related to how the stun condition is applied or overwritten with the Shock Lightning book. In my case anyway. I just tested on a Water Fiend+ (range physical resistant and immune only to burn and fire) and Pushback did not unstick him. Notice in the screenie his status is clear, his speed is blank, and he has the ‘I’m stunned’ graphic on his sprite.

[attachment=0]defenderquestscreen.jpg[/attachment]

The version number on any build of the game, including Steam, is displayed in the lower-right hand corner of the title screen.

I’ve gotten a lot of reports of this bug still being around from all over, so I’m pretty sure it’s not 100% fixed yet. This one’s on my list :slight_smile: