1.0.1 Left over skulls

I finished the NG+ and collected every skull. But I have 1 obsidian, 1 bronze, and 14 normal skulls left over after I bought everything that I can from the hermit except for one armor (Master of Archers) which costs two bronze skulls. I don’t have two bronze skulls so I can’t complete my magnificent turban of violence. :cry:

Anyone else with this problem?

It’s supposed to equal out to exactly zero once you’ve gotten everything. Have you collected all the items from the normal mode? Also, was this a fresh save, or one carried over from an old version of the game? Theoretically it shouldn’t matter, but we could have made a mistake in development.

Actually, it is currently set up so that there are 4 more white skulls than can be spent. I did this to give some flexibility, but I can see how it would bother people to have those extra skulls, so maybe I’ll just yank them. However, bronze and obsidian should be entirely used up. By my counts, the total possible to earn right now are 82 / 15 / 7, and if you buy all upgrades you spend 78 / 15 / 7. If people are seeing otherwise, please let me know - it’s possible there’s some incorrect data.

Also, what do people think about the white skulls? Will 4 extra skulls just destroy your OCD minds? Maybe I should make it 1 extra skull, just to be super troll-y. :wink:

I don’t mind having more skulls than I can use. Maybe even more than today - to allow people to access most upgrades even if their party is built in a way that a particular level is too hard for them to beat. (A good example would be the sidequest with Ice mages and Dragons only - I’ve never gotten to love those two classes so in most my playthroughs I had just Wrenna and Niru, so that SQ is pretty much off-limits for me.

— Begin quote from "Anthony"

Actually, it is currently set up so that there are 4 more white skulls than can be spent. I did this to give some flexibility, but I can see how it would bother people to have those extra skulls, so maybe I’ll just yank them. However, bronze and obsidian should be entirely used up. By my counts, the total possible to earn right now are 82 / 15 / 7, and if you buy all upgrades you spend 78 / 15 / 7. If people are seeing otherwise, please let me know - it’s possible there’s some incorrect data.

Also, what do people think about the white skulls? Will 4 extra skulls just destroy your OCD minds? Maybe I should make it 1 extra skull, just to be super troll-y. :wink:

— End quote

Looks like the hermit is not charging the right amount of skulls. From what I can count, to buy everything from the hermit, I need:

White Skulls: 68
Bronze Skulls: 16
Obsidian Skulls: 6

So that’s why I have a left over skulls.

And I’m pretty sure I got every item too. Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are total of 28 items. Those being:

• 6 Swords
  • 5 Bows
  • 5 Staffs
  • 6 light armor
  • 6 heavy armor

Lastly, I don’t really mind the left over skulls. I’m swimming in 11 million scraps anyway so it could be worse. (HOORAY FOR 300% REWARD!!)

I am still in the half-way collecting the skulls, just had a question, some items got 2 copies, can I upgrade both or just one of them?
While I have one upgraded, one non-upgraded, enough skulls, I still see it in the “shop”, I try to upgrade again, nothing happens.

If you have two copies, it’s a result of using old incompatible save, from period before NG+ rewards were introduced and the normal rewards were given in NG too. The code now has a check if I recall correctly to disallow two upgrades at least…

So I take it is a bug as well.
Is there any means to “Update” my save to get rid of bugs?
I don’t think I’d like to start over, I already spent a few -th hours on my save.

Start going some data mining in case someone already place the answer in some obvious place.

It’s not strictly a bug - it should not happen if you played the old released version and/ or the new one.
And it causes no harm except for the failing upgrade attempt. You can manually edit the save to remove duplicate uniques, there is no automation for it.

I just finished the last fight of the new game plus as well, and I also have an extra Obsidian Skull and yet I do not have the last Bronze Skull I need…
Oh and I have fourteen Stone Skulls left over… That makes me mad… I want that last armor upgraded. v.v

Same here, 1 obsidian left, missing a bronze skull, only 4 white skulls left though

Ok, clearly this is a bug. The 4 extra white skulls is expected - it gives you a little more than you need so you can have some flexibility. The other two are wrong. I found the bronze skull problem - two of the heavy armors were listed as costing 2 bronze skulls, but only 1 of them was supposed to. That’ll be fixed in the next version. If you already bought that armor you may need to edit the save file to give yourself one more bronze skull - unfortunately I don’t think it will retroactively credit the over-spent skull.

I’m having a hard time figuring out what’s up with the obsidian skull though. There should be 7 of them in the game, all on Extreme difficulties:

• The Super Sheep
  • First Zelemir
  • The Right Hand
  • Second Zelemir
  • Final Boss
  • Side Mission 6
  • Side Mission 7

As far as I can tell in the data, that part is correct.

Then there should be 7 items that require one obsidian skull each:

• Platinum Fleece+ (light armor)
  • Guardian of the Fountain+ (heavy armor)
  • Eye of the Flame+ (sword)
  • Evni+ (sword)
  • Gilded Death+ (bow)
  • Keeper of the Flame+ (staff)
  • Kozomon’s Scepter+ (staff)

So my question is - do either of these not line up with what you’re seeing? Is Evni+ showing up as an option (seems the most likely to have an error)? Anyone spot anything inconsistent?

I have upgraded the Evni+. It was the first thing I pugraded with obsidian skull. I see no unique item without possible upgrade.

Out of curiosity, what is the armor supposed to cost 1 bronze skull and not two ?

I think I have found the root cause. Where are we supposed to get the guardian of the fountain ? I don’t have it, and I can’t find a level with this armor as reward.

I think it was Lord Warden’s Harness+ that should only cost 1 instead of 2 (which is how it will be now).

As for the Guardian of the Fountain…that’s pretty hilarious. We just completely forgot to put it in the game! It’s all coded up, has art, has description, has a craftable + version, and just isn’t earnable. In order to avoid all sorts of complications and issues with older save games, we’re just going to add it to the Dragon’s Treasure Chamber as a one-time purchasable item like Evni (though not stupidly expensive like Evni). That should be the simplest solution that will work for everyone. Will go in probably in the next deploy. Thanks for spotting that!!

Since I’m missing a bronze skull and I bought the lord harness already, what should I change in the save file to get an extra bronze skull?
I currently have 0 (haven’t cleared all missions on hard yet) and tried to find how I could add one but didn’t find it
The closest I have would be this :

I found the gold value but no skull

try adding a line

It works, thanks
Now to wait for the last heavy armor to be added ingame :slight_smile: