14 leftover white skulls?

I’ve got 10 white skulls in my inventory, 4 more I can obtain by doing levels. However, there’s nothing else I can upgrade with white skulls and I completed the beat the original game on Perfect months and months ago, so I can’t be missing any equipment. What gives?

My save is attached for reference.

There’s more skulls than needed. IMO it’s a good thing as some of the challenges might be impossible to beat for some unbalanced parties.

It’s true that there are extra skulls, but I’m concerned that everyone is reporting different numbers of them. By my count, there should have been 4 extra white skulls (and none of the others), not 14. I’ll check my item costs again, but I keep hearing different reports, which is odd. Are you sure you got all of the unique equipment from the regular game? (i.e. do you have 180 stars?) (which will be 201 stars once we fix that bug).

You can check my save file, the entire normal game is mastered. The only levels I haven’t mastered are in NewGame+. Though, my save file with Defender’s Quest is pretty old and some piece of equipment might have been added in since between then and Gold Edition? Can you look at my save file and figure out what’s missing?

— Begin quote from "coyot"

There’s more skulls than needed. IMO it’s a good thing as some of the challenges might be impossible to beat for some unbalanced parties.

— End quote

The royal record room in extrem. 3 white skull for a level which is hellishly hard. The last level on intermediate difficulty also qualify. I am delighted to know that the ozimal coat won’t be the last piece I will upgrade :slight_smile: