201 stars?

I have maxed out all stars. I’ve beat NG+ and I can’t seem to find anything that would lead me to 21 more stars for the final challenge.
Another note: I have 3 white skulls and 1 armor to upgrade left. However the armor requires a bronze skull to upgrade.
Was this intentional or did you make a bit of an error?

Star count supposedly fixed in the latest patch. Skulls were reported too.

Actually, this is a different skull problem - he’s saying that he is 1 bronze skull short, which is definitely not intentional and should not be the case. Are you sure you beat all of the levels in NG+?

Everywhere that has stars(meaning I have 180) is beaten. I don’t know any other levels in ng+ or how to access them?

Star count will be fixed in patch 1.0.21, which comes out monday. For our testers, it’s up on the test server now - as far as I could tell it fixes the star count, but if a tester could verify that independently for me that’d be great :slight_smile:

The problem was it was not including stars from sidequests in NG+. This is fixed in the patch.

If that works, it’ll help with the stars, but will it work for the missing skull?

It probably won’t fix your skull problem by itself, but we need more information from you before we can fix your specific problem.

So, a few questions:

1. Were you one of our testers? If so, did you start your NG+ save before version 1.0 was released?
  2. Have you finished all of the NG+ battles on every difficulty? If not, there might be an unearned bronze skull on one of those levels.

If the answer to 1 is “no” and 2 is “yes” then you might be encountering some kind of rare bug that only affects a small number of players. We’re pretty sure there’s not a generic problem (ie, we forgot to put enough skulls in the game) because other players have enough skulls to buy everything.

In the event that we’re stumped and you should have earned all the skulls, we’ll show you how you can manually give them to yourself to work around the error.

I just finished the game. 180 stars, all levels done on all difficulties. I have 14 stone skulls, 0 obsidian skulls, and 1 bronze left. 1 2 bronze item to buy, though I don’t really care that much for it. I have been playing regularly with the upgrades.

Are you sure the maths on the items was done correctly?

@Nepene:

Interesting - if you could please clarify a bit that’d help us isolate this. Did you start playing the NG+ before or after version 1.0 (ie, after we launched publicly)? If you started playing the game before we launched, we were still wildly changing the skull counts around with every new test build. If this playthrough of yours was started after version 1.0, then there might be something wrong with either or calculations, or there’s a bug not correctly awarding the right number of skulls even though the data is correct.

— Begin quote from "larsiusprime"

@Nepene:

Interesting - if you could please clarify a bit that’d help us isolate this. Did you start playing the NG+ before or after version 1.0 (ie, after we launched publicly)? If you started playing the game before we launched, we were still wildly changing the skull counts around with every new test build. If this playthrough of yours was started after version 1.0, then there might be something wrong with either or calculations, or there’s a bug not correctly awarding the right number of skulls even though the data is correct.

— End quote

I started before 1.0

Thinking about it, I have a surplus purple skull which I used to upgrade my secret extra prebugfix envi, so that’s probably where the lost skull went.

Okay - that’s probably where all the weird skull counts are coming for you, then. 'Tis the nature of beta testing :stuck_out_tongue:

If you start a game fresh fresh from 1.0 or later, then you should finish the game with 4 extra white skulls after upgrading everything, according to Anthony. Your star count should read 201 stars for 100% completion after today’s 1.0.22 patch, which will be released this afternoon.

So the patch fixed the number of stars for me.
However the skulls are still off. I have 1 platinum skull now as well as the 4 extra white skulls.
I did not play NG+ until the update came out.
I have played all difficulties and won(otherwise my stars wouldn’t be maxed, right?)