87 gold stars

You don’t really have to memorize…green and blue go to zelemir, red and yellow to azra. There’s a couple exceptions, most notably that stupid priest that goes to zelemir and kills him at like wave 5.

— Begin quote from "larsiusprime"

Yeah, NOM doesn’t work against bosses (specifically, it doesn’t work on monsters immune to NOM, and all bosses have that immunity) - I could go either way on this one, incidentally. Certain monsters have immunity to certain effects (cultists are immune to pushback, for instance) and at the very least we should be advertising this in the monster select panel.

The original idea was that making bosses NOM-able would make them too easy to beat, but I’d like to hear some feedback for the other case.

— End quote

I understand where you are coming from, but making NOM only work on non-bosses seems to render the ability useless, IMHO. Almost everything that gets under 10% would die in one to two hits anyway, and boosting it to 19% doesn’t seem cost-effective when the AP could be used on other things. When i saw that ability, i thought it was specially crafted FOR that friggn sheep, and that it made the dragons closer to the powerhouses they are advertised to be.

Im having trouble with the golden sheep too. and now im even more clueless as to what to do since the archers were nerfed. the dragons were buffed but that doesnt help cause it cancels the slow effect that i required.

Yeah, i was really bad with the Sheep level as well, but then i followed Hueyk’s strategy ( :smiley:

The sheep level really just comes down to, “have you gotten a decent number of Advanced/Extreme weapons?” and “are you Level 30+?”

If both answers are “yes”, then all you have to do is keep 2 Level 5 Beserkers, a single Level 1 or 2 Ice Mage, all 6 Level 5 Rangers, and a Level 5 Healer with maximum Inspiration all in a tight cluster that can hit the Sheep. Your single Level 1 Berserker/Knight/Dragon in the upper right kills the Psi-giving sheep the instant they appear. Cast Frenzy on cooldown. The moment you notice that a unit is no longer attacking because the sheep finally crawled out of range, recall it and place it back in range again, boosting it back up to level 5 ASAP.

Obviously you can’t have that many units boosted to 5 at the start of the battle, so begin with the Healer and 2 Berserkers at Level 5, and a couple of Rangers boosted to whatever you have enough Psi for (and the Level 1 sheep killer in the corner, don’t forget him), and build them up from there.

Really, as long as you keep moving your units as the sheep moves out of their range, and keep casting Frenzy, it’s pretty easy. You can even try to add other units into the mix if you like - a 3rd Berserker is helpful most of the time, as is a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Healer so you can spread your units out more and still have them Inspired as much as possible. A single Level 3+ Dragon adding some Fireballs could be added if the thing is still alive after you have all this. Keep a pool of Psi points handy because you’re almost constantly moving units, and that takes more Psi than you get back when you recall them.

Basically, it’s better to have fewer units at Boost 5 than more units at Boost 3. Inspiration, attack speed, and solid range are huge musts, which is why I used Berserkers and Rangers.

Also, what matters is a good combination of skills - just one to keep the target bleeding while others have skills aimed for damage output makes things easier.

And for the short area near the second spawn, where the sheep can be hit from two sides, having all zerks boosted to level 3 is a good idea, if you can afford it at that moment, even at the cost of not going for boost level 5 on some others.
(If you do the calculations, DPS per PSI invested, the higher boosts actually make the damage more expensive, especially when some of the high level attacks are area/multitarget based and therefore waste some power when used on single target)

What is necessary is to keep the target debuffed (speed and bleed) all the time, use frenzy whenever possible.