87 gold stars

That’s where I am, with a level 34 char. The ones I can’t get:

Storm the Sheep (seriously, no idea how to do this, I just don’t have the firepower to even get close to the <19% health I’d need for my nommers to get him)

The Face of Madness (level 29, these double-splitters clean me out every time)

The God-King Walks Again (i.e., the last level, I just get overwhelmed… too many heavy/armored enemies, I just can’t do it, I can’t even survive the first 3-4 waves)

Should I be able to get these three at my level? It seems like it, but I just stink…

And by the way… the promo on the website says “34 distinct levels”. Where are you hiding the other 4?

For “Storm the Sheep” on extreme (and this is the only battle I ever had to do this) you will have to move your archers about three, or four times. While if you want to use melee units you’re probably going to need to move them 5 or 6 times. I eventually killed him on the bottom part of the screen about halfway across the path. I used six high leveled archers and multiple melee units before I eventually got him.

So basically all you need to do is have one melee character kill the sheep that constantly spawn, and move the rest of your melee units and archers into strategic points on the map whenever the sheep eventually becomes out of reach.

The “34 distinct maps” includes the first two tutorial levels and the bonus endless mission. Of course, now that I count that, it comes out to only 33 - maybe I miscounted by one?

Just counted and can only find thirty three stages. Time for random update that includes another endless stage to get that 34. :stuck_out_tongue:

— Begin quote from "larsiusprime"

The “34 distinct maps” includes the first two tutorial levels and the bonus endless mission. Of course, now that I count that, it comes out to only 33 - maybe I miscounted by one?

— End quote

can we get some extra bonus maps :mrgreen:

So I just tried the killer sheep… and managed to get him to under 19% right before the very end… and guess what? Nom doesn’t work. The dragon just flashes a weird blue color and nothing happens. Either that’s a bug, or it’s designed to piss players off by having a skill NOT do what it says it will do. So yep, 30 minutes spent on this level down the drain in a total loss because the devour skill didn’t work the way it is supposed to. That’s the kind of thing that makes players switch a game off and say “screw this”.

— Begin quote from "yogsloth"

So I just tried the killer sheep… and managed to get him to under 19% right before the very end… and guess what? Nom doesn’t work. The dragon just flashes a weird blue color and nothing happens. Either that’s a bug, or it’s designed to piss players off by having a skill NOT do what it says it will do. So yep, 30 minutes spent on this level down the drain in a total loss because the devour skill didn’t work the way it is supposed to.

— End quote

maybe its because hes a boss or special unit ?

Yeah, NOM doesn’t work against bosses (specifically, it doesn’t work on monsters immune to NOM, and all bosses have that immunity) - I could go either way on this one, incidentally. Certain monsters have immunity to certain effects (cultists are immune to pushback, for instance) and at the very least we should be advertising this in the monster select panel.

The original idea was that making bosses NOM-able would make them too easy to beat, but I’d like to hear some feedback for the other case.

Well does NOM do any damage to bosses? I realize that it’s just supposed to eat them but I would expect it do at least some damage on the boss when the attacked is used on one.

Just got my 90th gold and finished at lvl 35 :smiley:

Sheep:
My placement looked like this…

• Alternate level 1 mage and max level berserkers. The mages have a lot of points in chill to slow the sheep down. The berserkers have a lot of points in bleed for the damage boost. Move the mages/zerkers as the sheep moves.
  • A healer in the second row fully upgraded with lots of points in zeal that again moves with the sheep for even more damage boost.
  • A couple archers with a lot of points in bleed that get moved every once in a while.
  • Spam fully upgraded frenzy whenever possible.

Madness:
I found the first couple waves really crucial. If you can survive the first 10 or so it becomes much easier. I especially found the first few units that you buy with your starting psi to be make-or-break. My setup was something like… ignore the dude in red for now you’ll get him later, place 2 level 4 knights at the corners of the center-left and center-right islands, 2 level 4 zerkers at the middle island corners with a level 2 mage, archers with whatever psi is left over. That got me through the first 3-4 waves until the dark ones start coming. Make sure you saved up a little psi and place some knights with healers at key spots. Then just keep building up. For the double splitters I just dps-ed them down fast with some fully upgraded knights before they reach the big choke point at which point no snails make it past my multiple upgraded zerkers + mages.

Godking:
Starting setup: dragon above the green spawn, a knight + healer + mage + berserker on the left side, knight + archer on the right. Then I build up the area going down from the green spawn, it’s going to get hit hard. Berserkers along the left side (because they’ll also help with the blue splitters), mages and dragons on the other side to slow things down.
The level feels really chaotic and overwhelming at first, but give it a couple goes. You’ll get the hang of it quickly and start remembering the weaknesses in your defense you have to boost. For me the tough bits were dealing with: the enemies that spawn at green and go directly for azra (just need to slow them lots with dragons + mages), the blue splitters on the left side (zerkers + mages), the blue splitter snails that go right then up towards the red dude (archer + zerker).
A lot of enemies spawn such that they go on a looooon walk before reaching their target, and it really is only a small number of tough spawns that actually cause trouble.

AHAH! I figured it out! The 34th stage is the first Collisseum stage that you can only play once! Because after that, the Collisseum stage get’s replaced by the mission where you’re showing off your powers to Zelemir!

The sheep level wasn’t so bad. The sheep barely made it a third of the way through by time I killed him.

What you need is at least 2 high level knights (I used four at the first corner). I also used all 6 archers by the time he hit the first corner. Oh, don’t forget two ice mages.

Put one berserker right where the flood of sheep comes out. Give him a level or two (whatever it takes to insta-kill them) and set him to attack weak enemies.

Place one knight, one ice mage, and another knight right next to each other at the super sheep entrance so it looks like this (X=knight O=ice mage) X O X

Max out the first knight. Whatever scrap you have left can go into the next knight. The key here is the knights last couple of abilities which causes a ton of damage.

So basically, as the sheep passes your first knights range, recall him, add an ice mage on the next tile, and make sure your second knight is pumped up in levels and ready to go.

As time goes on, your berserker will be racking up more scrap for you then you are spending on leveling on the knights and what you are losing on recalling them. With this extra scrap you can buy archers and level them up. Also, when the sheep reaches the first corner you should be able to add more knights on the other side to hit him.

It’s a bit of a time consuming process, but it works flawlessly.

At least I just got gold star #88, beating level 29. I’m hoping to take that new bow and hopefully that will give me the edge on the sheep.

Sheep was rather dreadful… The key to beating it is to forget about dragons. You have to keep sheep slowed down by the ice mages with 9 points in the “chill”. Archers are great help especially with Deep shot which gives you ~90% buff in damage. Sharpshooter and Poisonshot helps too. Due to the game mechanics you need to have only one archer with maxed skill and rest of them can have 1 point in it. I preferred Berserkes over Knights as they were cheaper. I used a frenzy whenever it was ready (and it was lvl 8 I think). I guess healers with zeal could help too but how much I’m not sure as I beat this level before the healers were patched. Just make sure healer covers the path to trigger it’s zeal when sheep enters it’s range. Also I read someone was using Knight - Ice Mage - Knight set up. I actually put berserker - knight - berserker and ice mage behind the knight as she had enough coverage to not be put in the front line.

For the last level I was using dragons near azra and zelmir. And I think it’s rather hard to beat this level without heavy use of spells. I kept using push back a lot + the exploding crystal with every wave of splitting monsters. Just put Knights near the spawn points, Ice mages in the choke points with berserkers. I always start the level with 2 archers fully boosted then try to put all the units I think I will be using and then focus on upgrading them. Usually in this order: Healers to lvl2 -> Knights to lvl3 -> key Ice mage to lvl 5 -> berserkers to lvl 5 (as they are so so cheap I usually have enough PSI to do it in one go).

Also, the mages should not be boosted. The boosted skills seem to permanently replace level 1 chill, so instead of very very slow, the sheep will just move slow. To keep it moving as slow as possible, just maintain a level 1 unboosted mage (with max chill) on it at all times.

Well, I’m not sure what I did that was so different, but I just got star #89 by killing the sheep. Not only did I get him, but he barely made it to the first turn!

I used a setup of IM/K/K along the edge, and just kept moving them as he moved, then added rangers as I had psi.

The level 1 chill thing is a bug we will try to fix in the next patch :slight_smile:

I found the zelemirs level really easy to beat on extreme…the only trouble I had was surviving the like 2nd wave of armored units.

Remember that the armored units only come from the inside two spawn points…so thats really only where you need the knights. Place healers effectively to give lots of coverage for shadow monsters, since there is alot of them. And make sure you have a nice strong slow near Azra, when the big slug unit dies and splits into the group of 5-6 smaller slug things, they can sometimes run right past everything.

Upgrade your knights first…they need their second attack badly. Try to get alot of melee fighters to 2 before getting one person to 5. Every time you level up a melee fighter they gain an extra attack to use, which is very useful. ice mages can stay at 2 for awhile, and healers at 3. This is one of the few battles where I started upgrading my archers last as opposed to first.

@ Hueyk Thanks for the XOX sheep strategy, it allowed me to get my 90th stars!

…and there’s gold star #90. :slight_smile: Looks like I spoke too soon. Just barely squeaked by on the last level… had to memorize the targets of the first dozen or so waves and place/upgrade one at a time accordingly… but I made it.