Another/More Heroes

I do not know what else to call Azra. So I am assuming she is a “hero” lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

I REALLY liked the last fight when you have Zelemer helping in the fight, and you need to protect him as well. I think adding another “Hero” would be awesome. More people we have to protect, and if they could add their own units (New and different ones) that would be awesome too. But their spells should be automated like Zelemer’s were (even though he only did Lightning when fighting along side you). Heck maybe even bring Zelemer back from the dead! :stuck_out_tongue: Just an idea anyway.

I don’t think that would really be the best idea, unless they just included it as another class in the game. Azra’s the main character and that’s why shes the “Hero” and whatever class you want to consider her.

Personally I would like more diversity with new classes and such ie… Fire Mage, but the most I would go for off your idea is specific levels where you have to protect one or more other people in a certain stage.

I would love additional unit types and customization, but that is a feature for DQ2, most likely. :slight_smile:

Fire mages… what’s next, ice dragons? X-D

— Begin quote from "MTaur"

Fire mages… what’s next, ice dragons? X-D

— End quote

Exactly, certain classes would defeat the point of other classes.

I think a lightning mage wouldn’t be totally redundant. They could have extremely large range (maybe even global) but not a lot of power, and they should be somewhat slow, having to channel more than most.

• Lightning - like Azra’s, only no Psi cost per cast and a reasonable cooldown; possibly includes a short stun. Shortish channel.
  • Storm - A storm cloud deals DoT over a few squares. Longish channel and cooldown.
  • Chain lightning - hits 1-10 targets depending on level, short stun on all targets. Longish channel, medium cooldown.
  • Tornado - travels either along path or, for simplicity, just in a straight line. Minor damage and knockback, long cooldown and longish channel.
  • Current - channels lightning through a single target for a few seconds. Other enemies in the path take reduced damage, and it could possibly arc to some extent to make this happen more easily. At the very end, a final surge damages and stuns the target and damages nearby enemies.

This is sort of like a cross between Ice Mage, Archer, and Knight. In particular, stun and knockback are sort of rare and the only multi-target stun is a high-level Dragon skill, so Tornado is questionable. One possibility is that there could be only one of certain classes which would be open to abuse if spammed. However, this could be a class that’s really expensive to upgrade like Dragons… but even then, there’s no fire/ice trade-off to nerf them here.

More hero classes would certainly be cool, but is most likely not something that’s going to happen in the near future. I could see it in a DLC or sequel potentially, depending on how successful the game is for us. But in the “gold version” there won’t be any new heroes (well, not the way you’re thinking - but I’m not going to say more on that at this time).

Truth be told, the original design of the game had 8 classes instead of 6, but we cut two of them to try to stay closer to our 4 month dev time goal (note: the game actually took 16 months).

— Begin quote from "Anthony"

Truth be told, the original design of the game had 8 classes instead of 6, but we cut two of them to try to stay closer to our 4 month dev time goal (note: the game actually took 16 months).

— End quote

http://www.quora.com/Engineering-Manage ... hael-Wolfe