Bonus Endless Stage Wave?

So all I am wondering is, how far have you gotten in the bonus stage?

My personal best, and I probably won’t try and beat it is between 350 to 400. Haven’t tried to check how far yet.

What about everyone else?

My save file says 262. Now that everyone is 40 I could probably do somewhat better, but at that point it is more a question of how long you’re willing to repeatedly replace healers and random non-dragon units that get one-shotted than it is skill or tactics.

(I was unwilling to do that for very long)

— Begin quote from "Syntropy"

My save file says 262. Now that everyone is 40 I could probably do somewhat better, but at that point it is more a question of how long you’re willing to repeatedly replace healers and random non-dragon units that get one-shotted than it is skill or tactics.

(I was unwilling to do that for very long)

— End quote

I wanted to get to 400, so I said I was willing to get to 400, after that point, I just let them all die.

Wave 365…though I have all my chars maxed out on skill points :stuck_out_tongue:

1.1 Gb of ram too…

The problem is that it’s not a question of skill in unit placement or unit builds as it is a test of how much patience you have in replacing units as they get one-shot by weak-but-massively-overleveled mobs.

There’s really no bragging rights here other than “I was willing to spend 90 minutes baby-sitting the screen until I got to wave ??? and ran out of psi/patience”.

Which is too bad, because the mode has potential but needs some tweaks in order to be a test of skill instead of a test of patience.

In any case, I’m sure the upcoming Gold update will address this is various ways.

Yeah…

The one endless mode we have in the the current version was woefully undertested and kind of a last-minute addition. Anthony assures me we’ll have lots more bonus challenges that are actual, you know - challenges.

I think I decided I have better things to do than leave a computer on forever to see how far I get, so I just stopped at exactly 75 (might have miscalculated and stopped at 76) so I would know I didn’t just play for the rewards.

The biggest issue is that Endless, in its current incarnation, basically goes from “everything dies in your first killzone” to “all your units in said killzone just died because the monsters crossed that magical threshold of dealing more HP than your units have”. So really, it does just boil down to “slog through 50 waves then unsummon everyone and lose” because there’s no reason in continuing - there’s no gradual difficulty curse, you roflstomp everything until wave 250, then the monsters start one-shotting all your units and you shift into “slow death as you bleed out your Psi pool” mode.

But as I’ve said, I have faith that Lars and co. will tune it up a bit for the Gold release.

How could you check the last wave you survived for the endless level or for any other levels?

Anyways, I’ve reached up to Wave 230. All my characters were below level 30 at that time.