Bout Time

Glad to see a forum for DQ. I was one of those who played on Kongregate and bought the game as soon as I finished the Demo. Great game, even though it’s a completely different genre it reminds me of my other favorite indie game Creeper World.

Keep up the good work!

-zenchronus

Creeper World is a big favorite of mine, and we dreamed of being “the next creeper world.”

Before we released, Creeper World was one of the only games on Kong that used the demo up-sell format successfully (that I’ve heard of, at least). We had no idea whether Kong players would tolerate our business strategy or not (personally, I was skeptical), and were absolutely surprised by the positive response. Kong now accounts for well over half our revenue when we expected it to be something like, maybe 10% if we were lucky.

I saw some of the hate being laid down in the comments section, and honestly that’s what encouraged me to play the game. I’m a contrary fellow. Well that and the badges of course. The price point for the game was great, and as I’m sure is true of many other flash gamers I use an older laptop for most of my gaming at home. I have a supercomputer in my basement but between work, wife, and daughter I barely get to touch it. The laptop is where I do most gaming so I love games like this and CW. They run perfectly on older machines and have lots of replayability.

-zenchronus

I will be honest with you the only reason i bought the game was the quality and length of the demo. That being said, I love the game, and I think it has so much potential to be a great series. I cannot wait to see what happens with this series.