Damage output

Is there any method to output the damage in game to a text file or anything else? I’d like to parse/calculate DPS.

The first reason for this request is because there are so many choices and tradeoffs when building a character, which is a sign of a great game. So should you get poison or crit on an archer for instance. For me TD games only get fun when I start modeling damage capabilities in Excel. I love to optimize setups, test them on the battlefield and the more complex the game is, the more fun this exercise gets.

However, the second reason for this request is because Excel isn’t really helpful with the way the game is designed. As has been pointed out many times, animations and other effects can slow down the rate at which attacks happen. Attacks seem to happen from the highest to the lowest. So you may have Black out the Sun with one skill point that’s preventing Basic from triggering and actually lowering DPS. The only way to know for sure is to measure DPS in a controlled way.

I’m not familiar with Flash programming, so I don’t know if this is something that’s easy to do without being explicitly enabled in the game. I don’t know if it’s possible to do this with a mod.

Thanks for any input!

— Begin quote from "Tyger"

Attacks seem to happen from the highest to the lowest. So you may have Black out the Sun with one skill point that’s preventing Basic from triggering and actually lowering DPS.

— End quote

You can “deactivate” that skill by clicking on it during battle. You can also change the priority of attacks. :wink:

Thanks MenDude. I know that you can deactivate skills during battle. The question is, how do you empirically know whether it’s helpful? You could fight the supersheep, or play a game of endless and see if you do better. However, for many skills that’s not the most efficient way of measuring changes.

I don’t how to you prioritize attacks. Where are those settings?

Those buttons that say “A”, “Z”, “” are priority buttons. :wink:

Also, to know it’s useful you need to do some testing in the supersheep level (preferably), which can be boring but worth it.