Documentation

Hey guys, I just want to let you know that I’m working on the documentation for Modding. So far I’m up to about 6 pages and it should be ready to post soon. When I do, I will update this thread with a link.

In the meantime, I’d like to ask you guys what are your highest priorities for explanations in the data format? I’d like to know what’s the least clear, and what I should give specific attention to in the mod documentation.

Update:

[size=28]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NTgsOesq5BoVOG7Gr48zSkXgTcGiVCV-biVuPwH00cQ/edit (work in progress)[/size]

flavourd, hitbacks and map compositions with layers

I agree, everything else speaks for itself

Cool, I’ll try to focus on those areas and leave outlines for the rest and fill those other sections in later.

I do want to have a complete set of documentation eventually because there’s a lot of hidden features, weird design choices, etc, that I’d like to point out (and also have on record so I don’t forget about them), but from now on I’ll focus first on the areas you guys specifically call out.

I’ve got a document started already, it’s about 22 pages so far, I’ll post a link to the work in progress as soon as I cover those areas you mentioned.

Here’s the link:

[size=28]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NTgsOesq5BoVOG7Gr48zSkXgTcGiVCV-biVuPwH00cQ/edit[/size]

I’m still working on it, so it stops half-way through and some sections are still only outlines, but I should have this done in the next few weeks. Right now there’s no index, table of contents, or any kind of overall organization, I’m just going straight through from start to finish. I’ll clean it up later once all the facts are down.

Any chance of getting information modifying the cutscenes? I’m working on a project to personalize the game experience for my children by using their faces as bobbleheads over the games heroes. Most of it works fine as it sits, but the game is not using the modified .png files for the cutscenes. Being new at this, I would very much appreciate any tips on how I could get this to work.

Love the game and the story. Thank you for all the hard work.

Sure, I’ll get right on it! It’s entirely possible you’re doing it right and I just never tested whether the cutscene art is being properly loaded for mods!

I found a typo in the mod documentation, nothing horrible, but it may save people a bit of confusion if fixed =P

The following comes from page 18:

— Begin quote from ____

This means that sword 4 becomes sword 14, 6 becomes 15, 8 becomes 10, etc. We’ve set things up so that 4 is Blood-Feud Kopal and 14 is Blood-Feud Kopal+, etc, so it feels like you’re “upgrading” the item.

— End quote

As you can see, sword 8 should become 16 rather than 10.

Fixed :slight_smile:

I’m not sure where to post this, but I’m playing on kongregate and I can’t find the mod button.

I would be playing on steam but buying the game again would be a bit of a hassle.

Sorry about changing the title, it made me get stuck in the spam filter.

— Begin quote from "991woot119"

I’m not sure where to post this, but I’m playing on kongregate and I can’t find the mod button.

— End quote

That makes sense. How do you imagine the web version could be modded easily? :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried it muself, but I guess that you will have to get one of the downloadable versions to be able to get modding.
Try to send PM to Lars - I think he would be able to sort it out for you.

Just the tip in the game confused me.

I’ll go get a downloadable one now and start modding.

EDIT: Just tried using the link and it’s not compatible with my windows version :confused:

What’s wrong? What was the error message? Let’s see if I can help you out here :slight_smile: