"Don't target X" button

Hey guys,

first of all: Great work on the gold version. I hadn’t played since my first walkthrough right after the original release and it’s truly like a whole new game now. Awesome!

There is one thing that kills some of the later levels in NG+ for me though. The inability to prevent Berserkers from targeting “Porcupine” enemies without insane micro-managing.
Some of the targeting options help in certain situations and you can of course always just switch off attacks entirely for a while, but with up to 6 Zerkers on the map, Porcupine enemies sneaking around hidden under other sprites and a single oversight leading to insta-suicide it’s simply way to tedious and no fun at all to play these levels.

A solution that could also be helpful in some other situations would be a “don’t target x” button for each defender. Click it and you get a drop-down list of all enemy types on the map to select from.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

One thing we’ve got coming is a major fix to the “damage queue” bug which really exaggerates the effect of porcupine damage on berserkers. After this is fixed, berserkers might actually have a chance to not die instantly to porcupine damage! The patch should be out monday (it’s already up on the testing server for our testers). If that doesn’t take care of the problem, we’ll look into other solutions. Right now you can always disable all attacks manually, but as you said, that’s kind of extreme micro-management.

As a side note, not really relevant to the subject :

• on a lot of level (I can say for all, I am only at 157 stars), it’s not that hard to destroy dark porcupine mob very early and put berserker after that. They tend to not have a lot of life, and archer / dragon / knight can dispatch them once lighted. The porcupine cultists tend to be much more of a problem, but are also much rarer.
  • with the exception of porcupine w/ berserker, the targeting system is generally enough to pick up the right target. An explicit ignore list would make this easier, right :slight_smile: