Endless 1

My suggestion for this incredible game is quite simple, and possibly already in the works. It also is a spoiler so be careful reading.

Anywho, for endless 1 (bonus mode) I figure there should be more rewards for how high you get in the wave count. Wave 50 is hard enough, and I kinda gave up (attacked my healer didn’t bother respawning), but maybe wave 75 gains another mass number of xp and wave 100 is another book etc etc.

The funny thing about the endless mode is that it really depends on what level you are. I know for a fact we’ve had people break wave 250 on the endless mode. What we’re intending to do instead is add some harder endless modes in the next update, with more bonuses attached to them.

I do like that idea more actually. I assume different course outlines and all that jazz?

Also, would the reward be more ‘books’ or is that for us to find out when the update comes along? haha.

I got to over 300 waves with my characters between levels 26-33. Was getting to the point were my healers were getting one shot by enemies, lol.

I had every level completed with three stars and the best items from the shops, when this picture was taken.

I only had these talents with more then a single level on my characters.
Berserkers: Rage
Hunters: Sharp Shooter, Deep Shot, Range Focus
Healers: Aid, Blinding, Inspire
Ice Mage: Chill, Freeze
Knights: Armor Break
Dragons: Strengh, Nom
Librarian: Frenzy, Pushback

I want to try and see just how far I can get now, since I have leveled all thirty seven characters to level 40.

The real thing we need is a wave indicator. Creeps don’t start at level 1, they start at level 25! It’s pretty silly to have a rewards system based on the number of waves beaten… but have no in-game display on wave number!

— Begin quote from "yogsloth"

The real thing we need is a wave indicator. Creeps don’t start at level 1, they start at level 25! It’s pretty silly to have a rewards system based on the number of waves beaten… but have no in-game display on wave number!

— End quote

I was thinking the same thing, and during play of the actual level was looking for a wave indicator a few times, then eventually just resorted to looking at what level the enemies were to try and have any idea as to what wave I was at.

I got up to about creep level 290 before I stopped caring enough to replace healers. Replacing healers constantly, they’d get one shot but I’d more than be capable of slamming them back down before any other heroes could be knocked out, but after that it was just dull. I think for endless mode, giving healers a lot of points in their HP buff may actually be relevant, because your DPS winds up being so absurd (reasonably, you’ve got about 8-10 fully powered units DPS, 1-2 mages, and two healers focusing on the monsters at each half of the map no matter where they are, and you can easily get the killzone near the entrances much larger) that giving them better zeals may be irrelevant; just maxing HP, blinding, and both heals should give them more than enough use.

Endless quickly becomes impossible once those ranged units start attacking you for 700-800 damage. I wish I remembered what wave I got too :s

— Begin quote from "IanIanIan"

I wish I remembered what wave I got too :s

— End quote

You can find out what wave you’ve gotten to inside your save, at the bottom if you open it up in WordPad. To get to your save there’s a folder icon on the bottom bar in the save select screen that will take you to the folder on your computer that contains the save.

Yeah, we need a better interface that shows you the high score, but at least we’re saving it for when we get that working. We’ll be adding some harder endless modes and tweaking the experience a bit to be less hacked together than it is right now. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I do just fine on endless until the revenant start one-shotting my healers.

If I may ask, how do you unlock endless mode?

Beat the game to unlock Endless. :3

Do you have to beat it the hard way? I won with the cowardly approach and still dont see endless. Is there something special that needs to be done? Once you get it, is it pretty obvious? Is it for each map or a special map that apprears somewhere?

— Begin quote from "joe1512"

Do you have to beat it the hard way? I won with the cowardly approach and still dont see endless. Is there something special that needs to be done? Once you get it, is it pretty obvious? Is it for each map or a special map that apprears somewhere?

— End quote

Yea, the hard way.

I am assuming that (from what Endless says) you only need 33 blue stars. So just do some levels and beat them, as long as you get through the level with Azra alive, you get a blue star for each difficulty. 1 for normal, 1 for advanced, and 1 for extreme, so basically 3 blue stars for each level (I do not think the casual stars count for anything). You only get gold stars if she is not harmed at all in the battle.

— Begin quote from "Ameluun"

I am assuming that (from what Endless says) you only need 33 blue stars. So just do some levels and beat them, as long as you get through the level with Azra alive, you get a blue star for each difficulty. 1 for normal, 1 for advanced, and 1 for extreme, so basically 3 blue stars for each level (I do not think the casual stars count for anything). You only get gold stars if she is not harmed at all in the battle.

— End quote

No dice. I’m doing a re-run, and already have 46 gold stars. No Endless 1.

The 33 stars requirement is likely so people playing on Casual can’t get it.

— Begin quote from "klattmose"

No dice. I’m doing a re-run, and already have 46 gold stars. No Endless 1.

— End quote

You also have to beat the game…

— Begin quote from "Ameluun"

You also have to beat the game…

— End quote

That was my point, sorry if it wasn’t clear.