Engine?

I’m guessing you use a blitting engine so I was just curious… Flixel, Flashpunk or homegrown? And would you use it again if you had to remake the same game tomorrow knowing what you know now.

It’s flixel. I would definitely use it again knowing what I know now, I would just port it to HaXe first so I could compile the destkop version in C++ :slight_smile:

Cool! I made a couple Flixel games as well and was really happy with it. Is the current flixel 2.55 haxe port no good? I’ve had it downloaded for a while and been meaning to give it a go for the same reasons as you but never got around to it because my next project is in Starling.

https://github.com/Beeblerox/HaxeFlixel

By “port to HaXe” I meant “look into using a port of HaXe.” :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve heard good things about that port you linked, so if/when we move to HaXe (which might not ever happen for Defender’s Quest, but almost certainly will for whatever comes “next” after we’ve done all we can with it) I’ll start by looking at existing ports and then modifying them to suit our needs.