So I’ve got a quick public test here for everybody, regardless of whether you’re officially signed up as an alpha backer or a tester.
Basically, we’ve had reports from a few testers that the HD build of Defender’s Quest crashes in recent builds, but I haven’t been able to reproduce this reliably, and it only happens to some people. I highly suspect the error is coming from our underlying engine somewhere, and I’ve put together a little test to help narrow down where the error was introduced.
As some of you may know, we are built on top of a technology stack:
- Haxe (programming language)
- OpenFL (multimedia framework)
- HaxeFlixel (high level game engine/framework)
OpenFL recently underwent a change from its “legacy” version to a new version we’re calling “next”, and although it is better in many ways, it might still have some bugs/regressions. This test is designed to figure out where those rare crashes might be.
If you have some time and are running any version of Windows, you could really help us out (and speed the release of DQHD and DQII) by running this test
Thanks for your time!