Extra Skill Points

Basically, extra skill points. I’m 99% sure this isn’t intended, but if it is, that would be a separate bug, since it’s only available once per session.

The attachment shows a character with 44 skill points. My character also has an exp bar although it’s clearly level 40. When that bar fills up again, I’ll get another skill point. (Before anyone points out that my build is bad for not having armor pierce, I was testing archer builds against the sheep level.)

To reproduce, you just have to reload the save file. Your characters who are level 40 will automatically start getting EXP from each stage you do until they level. Everytime a level 40 levels within a single session, they stop gaining exp until the next time you reload a save file, in which you’re given the opportunity for another skill point.

This same thing has happened to me, but instead of not allowing my guys to get more XP after they level once when they are on level forty, I can continue to level them up and get more skill points without having to restart the game.

Well, it’s messed up for at least one of us then =P

Yeah, this is a bug for sure. The intended effect is that you shouldn’t be able to gain any more xp, or otherwise level up and gain skill points, once you hit the level cap, currently set at 40.

In future patches we will not only fix this bug, we will also make raising the skill cap a reward you can unlock from the various bonus battles. We intend it to go all the way to 99, and at some point we’ll also raise the “skill cap” from 9 to something like 12, so even at level 99 you can’t max out every skill and your party configuration will still be varied.

Just fixed this bug in my local build. New version will be up in version 0.8.9