Fail Question

This is probably a noob question, but if I beat Extreme, am I supposed to have been logged as having beaten Normal and Advanced?

That’s how it’s always worked for me. Of course, I haven’t done any of the New Game+ or new Challenge/Endless missions yet.

— Begin quote from "epicazeroth"

This is probably a noob question, but if I beat Extreme, am I supposed to have been logged as having beaten Normal and Advanced?

— End quote

Yes, in the sense of getting the rewards for all difficulties and all stars.

Yeah, but say your team is heavily oriented towards pure damage (no Armor breaking), and the Extreme is filled with things with little or no Armor. Your team can easily beat that. Now, say the Advanced is filled with Knights and things with Armor. Your team wouldn’t have been able to beat that (currently), but the game will say you would’ve been and give you the prize anyway. However, I understand that most Extremes and Advanceds have the same type approximately of enemies as the Norma and each other. Also, how do I upgrade Uniques?

I don’t think that there are many if any adv levels that you couldn’t beat while making extreme. perhaps one could be constructed with extreme armor or lots of darkies. Slow armor ones are usually beaten with criticals from rangers and zerks and in both cases it’s the optimal build for high dps so it’s likely that you’ll have them…

uniques are upgraded in NG+ at hermits, the first being I think near hospital or maybe Karsk already

I debated this one with Lars for a while. Part of me wanted to keep rewards separate. Every difficulty of each level is different, and me as the egotistical level designer wants everyone to play every thing I made, dammit!

But of course, our reasonable side remembers games that forced us to play levels that were far too easy just to get some reward, and that’s annoying and tiresome. We don’t want to waste your time, so if you can beat a level on “Advanced”, then we’re not going to make you play it on “Normal” just for some other reward. So yes, it is behaving as designed. :slight_smile:

Maybe add an option that we can turn on and off for the levels we want to be a certain way?