Im glad I bought Defenders Quest. I’d rate it a 7/10. I am hungry for a Defenders Quest 2 but I cant find any news about your next project.
Main reason I bought the game: tried demo on Steam and liked it. No way I wouldve bought it without a demo, advertisement pictures hardly did the game justice. So glad demo wasnt buggy like most demos are.
- (Better graphics) obvious but not a huge deal.
- Better balance between skill upgrades/add new upgrades (some upgrades are really good and others arent worth more than a single point).
- More depth (game really isnt deep imo) and add multiple “winning” strategies. I am a tower defense and rpg veteran so I understand that simplicity is for “newbs” but I learned an easy strat to win halfway through the game and barely had to adjust it. (Knight, ice priest, and Healer near spawn points, 3 or 4 super archers in the middle, beserkers down stream of armor destroying knights etc etc)
- Part of the experience can be ruined if you get too much experience and then play a “tough” map and its super easy. Perhaps have challenges that scale with, or are independent from, exp.
- More/different music.
- More unit types (like axe throwers) or races (Trolls, Naga) or human cultures (Aztec, Middle Eastern, Viking).
- More goals to accomplish on the battle map, like blowing up creature nests, maybe making your own buildings, castable spells for every unit class (with large cooldowns so you dont have to spam them constantly), some actions other than killing bad guys that gets you extra psi.
- More leader spells/actions. Perhaps a spell that takes a minute or two to cast or your leader can move to a better location over time.
- Definitely more and more interesting bad guys. Seriously there were like only 4 main groups of bad guys: tanky bad guys with high hp, fast bad guys, the enemy leader hero, and the stealth bad guys that required the healers to reveal them. A little bit of a let down in noticeable variety…
Last map, super easy. The god king has risen on advanced was super easy. I know I can go back and do the hardest level but the easyness suprised me. A map 3 or 4 battles previous to that was really hard. I wasnt even trying to get extra exp or equipment.
Im totally in favor of DLC, AS LONG AS IT HAS A DEMO. I think that is one of the big problems with people buying DLC and being let down. If you get a demo of the DLC, then the customer can make up their own mind if its worth it. Often DLC is usually buggy and not honest about its features, with a demo you can see.