Gold Edition launching TODAY

Details:

http://www.fortressofdoors.com/2012/08/ ... today.html

If anyone wants to help me monitor this, my twitter handle is @larsiusprime. The first step is uploading update server builds. The best way you can help me is run the old version of defender’s quest after I’ve uploaded the latest builds, and tell me if you get the update. Then we’ll step through the whole process and deploy the whole thing.

I’m got the Windows download update to Gold Edition and it worked fine. Am I allowed to report bugs here?

Startet the old version. “There is an Update!”. Downloaded the Update. Updated Adobe Air (because it just wouldn’t shut up ^^). Installed the new Version from File… now playing the new game and am Amazed about the beatiful new Art :smiley:
So no Problems here till now.

Only thing i found: “Challenge 2” has in the description that only the Archer is missing… but i can’t Acces the Ultimate (Dragon) as well. Both are 0/0…

— Begin quote from "larsiusprime"

run the old version of defender’s quest after I’ve uploaded the latest builds, and tell me if you get the update.

— End quote

What do you mean by “old”? I haven’t kept the bought game download since I’ve installed dozens of test ones afterwards. Does it mean I’m screwed? :slight_smile:

Running the Windows (XP 32-bit, SP3) version; update detected, downloaded, and installed flawlessly.

The new artwork almost makes it feel like a whole new name. Starting a brand-new party and having lots of fun (again). Also, the improved and expanded Tutorials are really well done, and even clarified a couple of points for this veteran player.

I don’t have a copy of the game on my current machine. Several months ago, I decided to just wait until Gold came out before playing any more, and between then and now, I got a new computer. The download link from my email no longer works. Help?

Alexx Kay

I forgot I was doing DQ, the graphics are so different. I love the Bonuses, can’t wait to do NG+.

FYI: after much hassling, the storefront provider we use (FastSpring) has agreed to provide download links that last for a year (it used to be something ludicrous like 6 days).

1. If you email them at orders@fastspring.com with your order number and the name of the product, they can reset your links.
  2. Or you can email us directly at :slight_smile:

(Hint: do option one!)

If you don’t remember anything about your order and you feel totally “screwed”, just email us at leveluplabs@gmail.com with whatever info you had (name, email address) and we’ll search through the database and resend your links. Nobody should lose out on their game files!

@JackAlsworth:

We have a bug reporting forum, if you could post bugs there it’d be much appreciated:

viewforum.php?f=5

I’m so happy for you guys. =) I hope you’re all having a well deserved victory celebration, now that the game is finally finished and you’re on Steam. Time to pop the bubbly?

Well, the Gold Edition launched today to current buyers. Steam, along with Impulse, Gamer’s Gate, and Desura, are still coming. They are definitely happening, but we need to do a little more work for them. Plus, we wanted to make sure the Gold version didn’t have any unforeseen issues before pushing it out to even more people. Thanks for being our guinea pigs! :smiley:

Once it’s on Steam, definitely time for the bubbly.

Updated perfectly and looking forward to doing the adventure all over again.

So, perhaps this has been answered somewhere that I’ve been unable to find, but I figure I’d ask in case it hasn’t been. Should I restart my file from scratch and replay the game again? I ask because I’ve encountered the first “Side Quest” on NG+ (Collapsed Prison) and noticed that the reward was skulls. That location doesn’t show up on my “Finished” game, so I can’t tell if I’m missing something (Like a Unique Weapon). Are the side quests possibly NG+ only?

Side Quests are NG+ only. We figured that many people would have finished the normal game already, and so we saved some of the extra content (such as sidequests and upgradeable items) for NG+.

The party data is shared between normal game and NG+, so you can go back and forth between them without risk. In fact, if you haven’t gotten 100% on the normal save, I recommend going back and getting all the unique items so you can upgrade them in NG+

What about the Kongregate version? Any ETA on that?
I want to play the game already :wink:

Working on it! Got slowed down by the PAX pox, recovering gradually. I will say the build is finished and (mostly) tested, I’m just looking into some technical issues and discussing various other things with Kongregate. Next week would be great, but it’s kind of up to Kong for various reasons I’ll get into later :slight_smile:

I am starting over from scratch–it’s like a brand new game! Today I finally had a chance to download it, and I’m so excited about the changes, improvements, etc. Loved the original, but everything that was a frustration (yes, you are often frustrated with the ones you love) seem to have been fixed. It’s like you guys read my mind!

The story seems a bit different/deeper, but maybe that’s because I have been at the end for so long and just replaying levels to get bonus stuff that I have forgotten. Anyway, this has sucked away about 6 hours of my life today and is liable to do more damage. Very nice upgrade.