Higher Difficulty?

I realize that there is the different waves within each level to scale difficulty, but if your like me and have everyone leveled-up it gets to the point where even the last level on the hardest wave is easy. So I was wondering if there is going to be like a specific difficulty option within the options menu, or more levels that get harder and harder, and hard enough that it’s not just easy for people that have every character leveled up completely. Possibly even a NG+ where enemies are scaled 150% or 200% in health, damage, and stats like that.

Part of the reason CW has lasted so long is the leaderboard. I think that implementing a scoring system for levels (this may be something that has to be ground floor programming so it might be a sequel improvement) would increase the longevity of the game. That way you could add level modifiers (check boxes to increase health of enemies or damage they do, etc) with score modifiers attached to each. Then you could have people digging into the strategy of the game, trying to beat each level with as few units as possible on the hardest difficulties. Leftover psi at the end of the level could increase score by a fixed amount (recall costs of each unit are automatically counted so you don’t have to sell units.)

Personally I’ve never been one to compete in a game at this level (Orcs Must Die springs to mind… love the game but the leaderboards are way outside the scope of my interest) but they DO create a community. I know CW has a dedicated group that game on different random levels and compete for score.

-zenchronus

Definitely some plans for stuff along these lines, though it’s all a matter of how much we can actually get done in the next few months :slight_smile:

We are definitely planning on a NG+, as well as bonus endless missions, and all sorts of ways to make the game ridiculously hard. Plans are in motion :slight_smile: Leaderboards sound like something we might, do, as well, if I can figure out the technical/security side of it. It’s pretty simple to set up, it’s just you have to come up with an implementation that’s not trivial to hack, and then a game design that makes sense as a leaderboard.

If the leader board idea was brought into motion you would have to figure out a way of identifying modified saves as to not allow them on the leader boards.
If possible (Whenever the idea of leader boards is implemented) update the game to be able to check if the save has been modded or not, and then not allow that particular save to participate on the leader boards.