Ice Mage Eye Color Selector

…does nothing. Like the goggles. Hired Ice Mages always have blue eyes, no matter what Eye Color you choose from the list.

This is all rather ironic because they’re one of the few classes that have eyes larger than a single pixel, and were you able to choose their eye color, you might actually be able to appreciate the result. This is not the case with a lot of the other classes.

Yup, and we have our first bug for next week’s version 1.0.1 patch. This is probably the fault of the palette pixel being 0x000001 off from the color in the sprite.

Isn’t it amazing the stupid little things that crop up? And how do you find such a bug without some anal-about-appearance putz like me putting my nose to the monitor to make sure that nothing is happening when I click on very specific shiny color buttons?

Seriously. Without an army of testers, I’m surprised more things aren’t being wonky with 1.0.0 Gold. I mean, the last 2-man Indie game I played that released a major update/expansion was a buggy mess. What game was this? Why, none other than the 100,000 copy + selling Wrath of the Lamb expansion to The Binding of Isaac.

Compared to that train wreck of a release, this is one squeaky-clean update.

This is fixed in 1.0.1

Anything else that needs immediate attention?

Okay, the patch is up.