Is the development officially underway yet?

Or are you guys still in pre-planning, getting your story fleshed out to make sure that the mechanics fit it and vice versa, assembling people to work on the game with you, etc?

Not trying to crack the whip at you guys, take your time, I’m just curious if the team is made. :slight_smile:

I think they put up the team on the pre-order site already but that’s probably not what you’re asking about ._.

Hey guys!

Yes, development is actually under way :slight_smile: Here’s what I’ve been doing lately:

1. Engine stuff in Haxe/OpenFL – this all SUPER under the iceberg’s water line, so it’s one of those “no visible progress for months then all of a sudden POP!” kinda things.
  2. Legacy support for DQ1 – just launched Japanese translation with Playism, for instance. This has taken a LOT of time but I want to give everyone confidence that we will support DQ2, and the best way to do this is to keep supporting DQ1. We’re winding down long-term support now, though, 2 years is a long time!
  3. Dealing with injuries – James, our writer, has a particularly bad situation with his arms. Don’t worry, we’re taking care of him and we expect him to recover, we’re using text-to-speech software, etc, but it does slow us down a bit.
  4. I’m a new parent and HOLY CRAP BABIES REQUIRE LOTS OF EFFORT

I feel a little fragmented at the moment - I have twitter, the website, my blog, this forum… I need to find a better way to unify things. Maybe post updates on the blog and post links here for discussion, so I’m more likely to post more often about progress.

That’s good to know, hope James gets better soon! And god luck with that baby.