Level cap

Is it possible to modify the level cap?

My initial thought was to add rows to the tables/*.csv, but in fact they already have data that goes up to level 99. I looked through the xml files but didn’t find it.

The level cap is hard-coded at the moment. I’m going to fix that in the next patch release.

What do you all think would be the best way to expose this? A single number somewhere, or do it on a per-class basis, etc?

I’d be fine with a single number. But here’s a crazy idea:

How about being able to modify it in response to the player beating a level? Perhaps as an action tag in the data_game_progression.xml?

(Or maybe as part of a battle_reward tag in maps/index.xml, but that opens up the possibility of strange things happening if the player beats the Extreme mode of the levels in an unexpected order. Perhaps simply ignore any reward that would reduce the level cap rather than raising it, since reducing the level-cap doesn’t make much sense?)

Would that be fairly easy? I’m not sure I’d actually put it to good use but I’d like someone to. :slight_smile:

I’d actually thought about that… probably not too hard.

I think I can put a single number somewhere in data_defender.xml as an initial value, and then have it read a saved value from the save file, and create a game progress trigger that changes it. That should give maximum flexibility, so you could beat some challenge that unlocks a level 100 cap and a bunch of impossible levels.

Sounds perfect!