Moderators/Alphas/Betas/Testing -- Getting Organized!

Hmmm, strange, thanks for letting me know. Maybe search your inbox for anything from humble & check your spam? If you find nothing, I will go and bug humble about this in case others are slipping through the cracks, too.

Anyways now that you’re here we can just add you by hand.

UPDATE: you should be added to alphas now.

Hi, Lars. I can’t PM you yet, and I filled out my Alpha support form many months ago, so could you add me to the Alpha access forum?

Thanks.

Sure can, let me add both of you two.

“Argh, technology!”
This is the most ironic sentence I have ever seen.

1 Like

It’s a bit late to be buying Alpha access, but I just did it - the form was a bit weird. It said not to edit the boxes at the bottom because they would be pre-filled, and then it prefilled them with garbage-looking values (should have taken a screenshot, sorry, didn’t). I changed the values to things that seemed correct.

I’m keen not to fall through the cracks, and itching for some more of the DQ story. (Well, yeah I know, it’s a Final Fantasy type of sequel. Still, you know what I mean.)

Lars, I did the same with my form. It was pre-filled with garbage values, and I believe I changed them to be correct. Is there anyway you can add me manually to Alpha access, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble? Many thanks!

@Nick_argall, @KCmike21 – if you can also send me your email addresses (I need that to share the google drive link with), that’d be swell.

Actually, I may have sorted out the bugs with the form. I have your information here! Let me know if the invites/alpha elevations worked.

Just to confirm: no Mac builds as of yet? And are there special forums we’re supposed to have access to?

There’s a special category called “secret”, to be used by those who are alpha/beta tier.

I did receive the invite! Thanks.

Confirming I received the invite as well. Many thanks!

@Tamlin – if you can’t see the “secret” forum, give me a PM and I can make sure you have access.

And yeah, no Mac builds just yet. I’m making good progress on the core engine (HD resolution independence is TOUGH), and I’m looking into ways to remotely automate the build process. I’d like to get to a place where I can generate nightly builds automatically rather than having to do them by hand, which is the chief cause of long delays between builds.

Hi Larsiusprime

I am trying to send you a private message but can’t seem to find the button for it I only just signed up for the forums.

Also I am an alpha backer too.

Discourse’s “trust” (can’t remember what this is called) levels prevent new users from PM’ing, that’s why you wont see the PM button.

I did finally get your message. If this becomes a persistent problem we can adjust the starting privileges of new users.

Just checking here, but the Alpha isn’t actually out yet, is it? I am very good at missing things like that.

And when you fill the Alpha progress bars, then ding, DQ2 levels up and promotes to DQ2 alpha build 1.0, and then the alphas get in on it?

Alpha IS technically out, but it’s an extremely early stage of alpha (like, there’s actually no DQ2-ish elements in it yet).

Just posted a new blog/forum thing on this topic to clear it up for everybody.

I’ve almost been lurking for all the usual reasons, but decided to check back into the Alpha thing.

Which is to say, I got the Humble Bundle forum code when you sent them out to your past testers, put it into the google docs form thing, and never got Alpha tier access when I first tried a few months ago. Just did it again because why not?

But figured I should mention something this time around. Only have a ‘basic’ level forum account and no indication that I’ve got any special access, which is good indication that I don’t, as it sounds like some Alpha/Pre-Alpha type activity has been going on that I should be able to see?