Monsters randomly turning to "shadows" bug

IGNORE THIS, I was unaware of “phasing”, sorry :x

Hey there people,
I encountered a weird and very annoying bug recently where monsters simply turn into “shadows”. When that happens, they can’t be targeted by neither my defenders not by spells.

It’s very random. Random locations, random monsters, random timing. Though it seems to happen a lot when they get near Azra as you can see in the image below.

[DQ monsters bug image][1]

It only started a couple of days ago, I think it was after an Adobe flash/air update, so I wonder if it’s related.

When I get back home, I’ll try reverting back to an older flash version if possible, but that’ll be a while.

Thanks a lot for the support and the awesome game. DQ2 already preordered :smiley:
[1]: http://i.imgur.com/GNg0ZDi.png

Are you running DQ1 in New Game + mode? This looks very much like the standard feature (phasing monsters).

I was about to post this myself. I only just noticed the “phasing” status.

Was it added to a newer version of the game? I remember playing it before and never saw any phasing in NG+ :frowning:

Ah well.

Sorry for the bother. I guess you can ignore this thread.

I saw these in NG+ mode more than a half year ago. I’m wildly guessing phasing was there from the beginning. The phasing strength is just like the other strengths: it is set per level and difficulty, so perhaps this is the first NG+ level you played that had the phasers (or the first that you noticed).

Yeah, I probably missed it in my normal gameplay before. But playing hero mode makes you notice the smallest things, specially since target lightning is used a lot.

No problem :slight_smile: Glad you were able to figure out what was going on!