NG+ is reall hard. Just grind the 1st level now?

Playing new game plus and getting my butt handed to me. I tried grinding the first level you can play on extreme and I can beat it but not leveling as fast as I need to be. I have beat a few level but not that far into the game. How does going back to my regular game and beating more levels and powering up affect my current new game plus? Do I have to just start another new game plus?

thx.

I don’t know if grinding the Normal mode will help (if my understanding is correct, I think NG+ just imports the data as it was when you make a NG+ file), but I do know that you can up the experience you receive in the options/setting menu. I’m not at a computer right now so I can’t tell you the exact windows and tabs, but it’s definitely there. You might have to grind a few levels anyways, but you can increase the experience gained up to 300%.

The regular game and NG+ share the same party, so you can swap between them at any time and carry over all XP/scrap/items. NG+ is a significant step up in difficulty at places so if you’re struggling I’d advise going back and beating some of the higher difficulties on the regular game first.

— Begin quote from "Melon"

The regular game and NG+ share the same party, so you can swap between them at any time and carry over all XP/scrap/items. NG+ is a significant step up in difficulty at places so if you’re struggling I’d advise going back and beating some of the higher difficulties on the regular game first.

— End quote

Doing the last level on Casual difficulty with 300% XP/Scrap gain is a very good way to get lots of stuff (specially Scrap).