Optimization and 15th December update (achievements)

Hello,

I would like to ask you what do you think about optimization. (I’m playing on Steam)

The thing is that the game eats A LOT of memory, after ~2h of playing it stacks up to 1,5-2GB of memory (it is pretty big chunk of my 4GB). Couldn’t the game free some memory on longer sessions?

Less relevant matter now.
The CPU load. I have disabled all graphic effects, even damage values, but when it comes to BIG fights eg. Endless challenge 2 with 36 units, and enemies of course, the game lags (mostly on 4x speed). My PC specs are very lame, it’s C2D E6850, which I’ve Oc’ed to 3,4Gh, but the game uses only 1 core and those slowdowns are very annoying. The game doesn’t look like eg. FC3 so I assume it doesn’t use too much of GPU (9600GT should be enough, right?). Back to the point, does the game really NEED to use that much equations and still be going on only 1 core?

The least relevant matter now :wink:
I was playing through difficult mission on NG+ without generic recruits (achievement hunter) and the game crashed unexpectedly, at the same time I noticed higher traffic on my connection. Yes, it was update (which I really like), but should an update really crash the game?

So, after the update I looked into the achievements and I have noticed few things.
First, there is no “Sheep Slayer” achievement on steam (it shows 30 total achievements but there are only 29 listed). It can be only seen on global achievements page where nobody had finished it.
Second, more complex. On my first save slot I’ve got fully finished game with all characters and it shows in-game achievements correctly. But on my second slot I have half way through game without generic recruits. On that slot achievements are missing eg. “Completionist” is at 0% while “Super Completionist” is at 54%. Also the “Hero Mode” is at 0% but I am on NG+ already (“Hero Mode+” is also at 0%). I have tried to beat the last level of normal game but it didn’t give me achievement.

That’s all what I can think about for a moment. I hope that I’m posting in right subforum. Also, I’m sorry if my english is poor I’m learning it and trying my best :wink:

EDIT:
Well, about that performance. Upgrading hardware to Core i5, Radeon HD 7950 and 8GB fast DDR3 memory helped, it doesn’t even slow down on massive fights with x4 speed :wink: