Performance -- how does the forum run? (PC/iOS/Android/etc)

We’ve had some reports from certain issues that the forum is slow “on mobile.” I’d like to gather some feedback from people so we can know what’s going on, and so I can look into what is necessary (if anything) to fix it.

So:

1. How well does this forum run for you?
  2. What device are you using? (PC/iPhone/iPad/Android Phone/Android Tablet, etc, please specify model)
  3. What browser are you using?

That will help us improve your forum browsing experience :smiley:

bad performance for those with 3g+ connexion (1mbits/s max 200kbit/s min, but it’s more 160kbit/s than the upper limit)

Is the javascript used by this type of forum non-intrusive ?

@exostum:

What device/OS/browser are you using?

Using a really crappy PC with Win7 32bit and Chrome, (amazingly) works with almost no lag! :smiley:

On my pc no pb (< 1 sec). On my cell phone it’s ultra slow (wifi or 3g, firefox, cyanogenmod kitkat, galaxy s2) : something like 5 to 10 secs per page.

Same poblem here. Takes some secondsto load. I am using Dolphin, thy best Android browser. But otherwise functional.

I assume you guys are using Android? What version if I may ask? 4.1.0 is the minimum “officially supported” version.

Weird. I am using 4.0.4 and I have not found any problems. I am using Desktop mode btw. Maybe the forum lags because it’s big, Ii mean it loads the page again whenever you scroll. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have any lag, can you try it with chrome on your phones? I think it’s more optimized for chrome on android.

Chrome is actually slower, but probably because of my phone.

I can upgrade the hosting a bit if enough people find it slow, I got a pretty generous credit with a coupon code so it’s not a big issue to upgrade.

I don’t thing it needs a hosting upgrade. My phone isn’t the best either. It’s a Galaxy Trend.

Runs very snappy on my machines. I never heard of discourse before but good choice. Really clean and easy to use.

Chrome/chromium windows/ubuntu dolphin on android s4

Notebook

Windows 7.

• Opera
  • Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Seamonkey

Same symptom for all browser

Seamonkey? Never heard of that.

Hmmm, this is the first report I’ve heard of performance issues on a notebook. I’ll forward this to the discourse team.