Placing characters with 6 or more passive skills

So yeah… I made a mod filling out the skill trees of each class, but I ran into a [size=4](quite random)[/size] problem.
Whenever I try to grab a character with my mouse from the character tab, if that character have 6 or more passive skills trained [size=4](they may be available, but if I have actually put points in them…)[/size] the game’s framerate drops tremendously, and I am unable to really place the character. [size=4](It framerate seem to go back up as long as I mouse over the character pane top right, fortunately, so I can deselect).[/size]
I run on a pretty rubbish machine, so I can’t tell if it’s some form of “mini-freeze” or framerate drop, [size=4](nothing happens as long as I move my cursor outside that characterpane)[/size]
Running a mod, I don’t think a save file alone will do the trick?
Anyways, it can easily be avoided by using the hotkeys while having the mouse out on the battlefield
[size=4](If I use a hotkey while hovering my mouse over the battlefield, it accepts it and I can place defenders)[/size]
[size=4](If I use a hotkey while hovering my mouse over the character panel to the right, it freezes up just as if I had clicked the character with my mouse)[/size]

I run on windows 7 pro, sp1, game is “Steam v.1.1.38”

Hope it helps.
[edit] oh right, since I am running a mod, I don’t think a savefile will help? :S

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

Probably a memory leak because the game wasn’t designed to do that, a mini-freeze (not a memory leak) also happens when you connect a pearl to an invisible (locked) pearl.

— Begin quote from "MenDude"

Probably a memory leak because the game wasn’t designed to do that, a mini-freeze (not a memory leak) also happens when you connect a pearl to an invisible (locked) pearl.

— End quote

Thanks for your input, I thought it was a memory issue as well, meaby tied into the parts of the ui that falls apart

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594 ... 5B5415F3B/