Question: Levelling up & switching between Normal and NG+

A quick question (I can’t fin the answer through searching the forums).

I get that any levelling-up done in the normal game passes over to NG+ and keeps doing so even is you start a NG+, go back to normal to level up, and return to NG+.

Does it work the other way around? If I start levelling up in NG+ and then go back tot he normal game to complete the few extreme levels I’ve got left, will my party have the increased levels I’ve gained in NG+?

Thanks

Yes. Your party is only one shared for both. It’s the same savegame, the only things that are separate are game progress related. That is, your plus game will have different state of pearls (locations) unlocked and character classes unlocked. This means that characters not yet available in NG+ can still gain experience in normal game - and, something I actually used once - you can go back to normal game in order to make your (locked in NG) characters unequip their gear so that it will become available in NG+.

Edit: You can access gear of locked characters by checking “Show Equipped” on party screen, though, so this trick is not necessary. So, in NG you can pull gear from locked chars to wear by unlocked ones - just don’t forget to kit them back up in normal game.

I’ve noticed this, too, and I think it’s pretty damn clever. I’ve played games before where character items and skills carried across to a redo at a higher level, but never one that let you play interchangeably to gain bonus level abilities and/or further experience in the original game, during a breather from the new one. Adds yet more strategic choices.