Secrets hidden in Defender's Quest?

Has anyone found any of these? The developers have said there’s around a dozen hidden in the game, some of them relating to the the mysterious text that appears around the game.

1 Like

There’s mysterious text in the game?!
[I’m so awful at the nitty gritty of games sob]

By ‘mysterious text’ I mean the untranslated text in the ordinary game that gets translated in Play+, usually spoken by Eztil.

That text appeares elsewhere in the game, though.

Oooohhh, okay.
…Yeah I got no clues about it, outside the side quests or weapon/armor descriptions? Then again, I’m not all the way through NG+ yet.

There’s a lot of secrets in the game, above and beyond mysterious text :slight_smile: That’s all I’ll say.

Oh and this: if there’s interest I can put out a patch that makes secrets a little more … special :slight_smile: Mostly this would flip a bunch of switches on for unfinished content that got cut from the final release of the game.

1 Like

I have no idea how that would work/happen [for some reason my steam isn’t correcting the can’t-upgrade-unique-staff glitch that was stated to have been fixed], but that sounds awesome nevertheless. ouo

More content? Mmmmyes, please~

— Begin quote from "larsiusprime"

There’s a lot of secrets in the game, above and beyond mysterious text :slight_smile: That’s all I’ll say.

Oh and this: if there’s interest I can put out a patch that makes secrets a little more … special :slight_smile: Mostly this would flip a bunch of switches on for unfinished content that got cut from the final release of the game.

— End quote

Speaking personally, there is most definitely interest.

Could we get some hints as to where the rest of the secrets are?

— Begin quote from "larsiusprime"

— End quote

Next time when you make secrets - make an achievements for them. Without description or hidden. This give more interest to the game. Also some people will want to kill you, if secrets will be hidden well.

It was really interesting to dig up some secret stuff in old games (mostly JRPG), but now there are only several easter eggs… And they think that achievements like ‘kill millions of creeps’ is good one… :frowning:

I want an achievement awarded for boosting Zelemir to 5 in the Right Hand of Eztli-Tenoch mission. (Yes, you can do that.)

2 Likes

— Begin quote from "Mirnaia"

I want an achievement awarded for boosting Zelemir to 5 in the Right Hand of Eztli-Tenoch mission. (Yes, you can do that.)

— End quote

You can also boost A CERTAIN GODQUEEN to Boost 5 in the seventh Sidequest.
I was never able to boost Zelemir to 5, however. I do not had Psi. :stuck_out_tongue:

— Begin quote from "MenDude"

You can also boost A CERTAIN GODQUEEN to Boost 5 in the seventh Sidequest.

— End quote

Roger that, helped immensely.

Switches being flipped. Secrets are live in the steam version, 1.1.17, for windows/mac. Just sent Humble the latest mac/win builds, pushing them to the public update server now.

Linux toolchain is being fiddly, so that won’t be live until after American Thanksgiving.

1 Like

Okay, I give up. What does it do? Lots of buttons, nothing happens. Tried shops, hermit, lots of different levels, sounds, etc. Can’t figure out any changes.

Have you tried searching EVERYWHERE WITH the special new book equipped?

Well, I was trying to be subtle. I found a new location. Tons of buttons. None of them appear to do anything.