Strengths in waves, NG+

In battles you can see what the future waves health is and how many strengths they have. Often the most important strength to know is how resistant they are to physical or magic damage. That is not showed in the future wave thing. If an enemy happens to be 70% resistant to physical damage your plans can be rather messed up if you have lots of physical units. Of course, after a while you learn what their resistances are and learn to check their resistances early but it’s rather annoying initially.

Could you modify the wave things to show how resistant they are to physical damage and how good their evasion is?

It’s a bit of a problem of the space being super narrow. We’d have to give up lines of information to fit that. Granted, perhaps that would be better in some cases, but we’d need to figure out what exactly it should be for each one. Which particular enemy types are you referring to, and what information would you show in the details (that would fit)?

Anything with dodge or resist is important to know about, phasing and regen maybe less, porcupine maybe too as it is sometimes needed to toggle skills…

How about making the waves buttons act as toggles between basic and advanced description?

Edit: horrible touchscreen typos.

Couldn’t you put it on a tooltip?

@Delve: We definitely could, but it’s kind of already a tooltip. I suppose I could make that pane use icons like the enemy panel does, and put tooltips on those… that might free up some space. I wonder if that would be annoying since it’s moving, but I suppose you could always pause.

Sorry, I was unclear. That’s what I get for being in a rush. Can’t the tooltip expand vertically?

Ah - you mean just make the wave preview panel TALLER? So we can, you know, fit more info in?

I’m really wondering why I didn’t think of that before.

I know, it’s unthinkable. How could I suggest such a simplistic solution expecting it to work? ;(

— Begin quote from "Anthony"

It’s a bit of a problem of the space being super narrow. We’d have to give up lines of information to fit that. Granted, perhaps that would be better in some cases, but we’d need to figure out what exactly it should be for each one. Which particular enemy types are you referring to, and what information would you show in the details (that would fit)?

— End quote

The absolutely essential information is whether they can dodge or resist damage. If an enemy has 70% physical/ ranged damage resist and you only have physical/ ranged units in that path you have to do 333% more damage. Their health is essentially tripled. It also helps knowing if they can phase, which you already show us

I’d much prefer knowing that to knowing how many strengths they have. It really does not help you much knowing that they have 5 strengths.

Alternatively, you could make it so that clicking on a wave displayed that unit type’s information in the right box. The same information that you see when you click on a unit.

— Begin quote from "Nepene"

Alternatively, you could make it so that clicking on a wave displayed that unit type’s information in the right box. The same information that you see when you click on a unit.

— End quote

I like this idea too.