Suggestions

Make a level for dragons only.

Make a level with default non-timed crystals.

Difficulty for new levels - something like 20-40-80.

Make enemies with undestroyable armor.

Change stack algorith. Now 50% chill for 20 sec + 10% chill for 30 sec = 10% for 130 sec. Better - 50% for 26 sec .

Monsters which can cast “haste” on other monsters.

Dynamic landscape - the easiest - lava appears and fills the locations. (Originally comes from “The Lavalite World” written by Philip José Farmer)

Script maps - place the certain unit in a certain place to make an effect enabled or to trigger an effect once.

— Begin quote from "Alexander"

Change stack algorith. Now 50% chill for 20 sec + 10% chill for 30 sec = 10% for 130 sec. Better - 50% for 26 sec .

— End quote

Are you sure about this one? If so, then I think it’s a bug - I remember Lars explaining it a long time ago and I think that it was supposed to work exactly the same way you want it - that is, a weaker buff getting converted into the stronger and shorter, not the other way round.

Yeah, coyot’s right about how chill is supposed to work.

1. If you hit an enemy with a status effect of the same intensity it already has, it just adds to the duration.
  2. If you hit an enemy with a status effect of weaker intensity than it already has, it “converts” the weaker status to the higher intensity and adds the equivalent (shorter) duration.
  3. If you hit an enemy with a status effect of stronger intensity than it already has, it does the same thing as #2), but flipped - it converts the existing (weaker) status to match the higher intensity (lowering its duration), then adds the two effects together.

If you’re seeing something else go on, then that’s a bug.

A Status Effect Stacking Algorithm, November 1, 2011

http://www.fortressofdoors.com/2011/11/ ... rithm.html

Maybe you changed the algorithm but you didn’t change the article.

Anyway, gold edition - Aug 29, 2012. My post - Jul 08, 2012.

Have you read the article thoroughly? Towards the end, it seems to describe WHY they do NOT want to match duration and go for converting to highest potency instead. And it worked this way for a long time, it’s not a gold-edition change. So, if you ever see the effect potency degraded, report it as a bug, ideally with as much data as possible, or a way to replicate it.

Several months ago I played the previous version and it was like it’s described in the article. That’s why I had to use 2nd boost ice mages in some cases.

Add a book that resets cooldown of all skills of defenders while casting some all-field spell.

Multi-“body” monster(s).

Several “shells” appear in several corners. At start only one (or maybe zero) is animated. When animated one is destroyed “essence” flys from destroyed one into another “shell”. Psi is absorbed only after destroying last shell. “Shells” can be destroyed(sometimes) even if not animated.
Variant - “essence” acts as amplifier for usual monster (only for certain type). Possible to make map where “essence” can posses into any monster, even for different types randomly.

“Support fire” monsters - extremely slow, wide range range attack,(possible) multi-target, high hp, possible magic attack.

“Tower” monster - at some check-points this monster transform self into immobile “tower” with range attack for some time.

Transformation monster - when entering another map area or just at another 20% of it’s path, or entering the corridor with another color - transforms into another type of monster - or into another form - this form is constant while at this stage.

“Medusa” - turns units into “stone” (it’s a spirit!) for some time. “Stoned” unit cannot act and cannot be unsummoned. Possibly “stoned” ones cannot be damaged.

“Golems” - immune to chill. (Not to freeze)

“Parts” monsters - parts of monster appear on several sides of the map. If they reach the crossroad at one time they combine into one monster. If they are golems slowing them will be more difficult.

And, animation of defeating the defender seems very similar to dragon roar. At large maps it may cost nerves.

Boss - upon it’s destroying a new wave is spawned.

Boss - upon it’s destroying all monsters are hasted (maybe constant effect).