The healer and range bonuses

So I tried giving my healer more range after trying someone else’s mod (the fantastic item mod).
And it seems that if you give a healer more range two of his abilities fail to receive the bonus [size=4](namely the 2 attack abilities, Ether Flash, and Holy Light")[/size].
[size=4](I saw this bug when the priest got more range from passive skills, and from items).[/size]
[Edit] [size=4](I did try setting the ability shape to “Circle”, and enabling hitall for good measure, this had little effect.)[/size]

I have a picture showing a silly priest, probably not very telling, note that the range is for testing purposes only, that range is silly ^.^.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594 ... 5C30C921A/

[EDIT] Also forgot, playing on windows, Steam v 1.1.38

Also, your account creation question doesn’t accept azra’s class as a “Mcguffin”… I’m very dissapointed :slight_smile: .

If I find any other “major” bugs, I will post them (I did see many minor bugs, 90% of them caused by my own text-clumsyness)

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

The range ISN’T a bug. The attacks were specially designed to only affect that area. I’ve also noticed this, but it is (probably) not a bug.

— Begin quote from "MenDude"

The range ISN’T a bug. The attacks were specially designed to only affect that area. I’ve also noticed this, but it is (probably) not a bug.

— End quote

You might be eternally right on this, although I can find little in the XML which is different to “sleet”, which actually scales with range, so I can’t figure out whether it’s a bug, or whether it’s on purpose, and if it is on purpose, what part of the skill defines this.

Thanks for your thoughts.

It is probably hardcoded due to the graphics (like the Psi beam when Azra uses Lightning and such).

Looking at that range, it seems as though Bakal borrowed one of Joachim Valentine’s latter game weapons.

Actually, looking through the code again it seems I’m a moron… :stuck_out_tongue:
Ether Flash have a distinct “Radius” stat, which I somehow managed to not notice first time around, although I still can’t figure out how to make it scale with bonus range, this thread was probably more fitting in the mod forum. >.<
Thanks for the input anyway.

~ Kongdej

— Begin quote from "Kongdej"

Actually, looking through the code again it seems I’m a moron… :stuck_out_tongue:
Ether Flash have a distinct “Radius” stat, which I somehow managed to not notice first time around, although I still can’t figure out how to make it scale with bonus range, this thread was probably more fitting in the mod forum. >.<
Thanks for the input anyway.

~ Kongdej

— End quote

NOW I don’t know what you’re talking about (I just don’t understand AS/Flash so…).

Well because I’m slightly lazy, took me a few days to ruffle my ass together to do this, anyways.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/1z686xj.jpg

That should be a picture of the code bits I focused on, to the left is “Ether Flash” entry from the Healer class, which bothered me.
To the right you see the “Sleet” entry from the Ice Mage class, which scales with any range just fine.
After learning this jargon a bit, they seems pretty similar, except for the “Radius” entry on the level table of ether flash, the rest could pretty much be copy paste.

So that was what my comment was based upon, I may be missing something crucial, but my best bet is that the healer is hardcoded and therefore impossible to work with, I was hoping for confirmation in here :slight_smile:

Hope this helps explain it.

Note: the picture is from the base DQ game, I just compressed it a bit to help it fit onto a screen shot nicely.

You can see than there are some parameters missing from the Healer effects part, where the Mage one has them, the frame when the enemy takes damage also depends on the graphic, and since graphics in Ether and Holy Light were set to be at X positions, enemies will only take damage there.

Not sure, but it is probable.

If you give the healer a copy paste of sleet (changing only the requirement to a skill in the healers skill tree), when you boost the healer up to the appropriate boost level it will freeze the game, similarly if you give the healer a copy paste of the ice shard from the mage, he will “fail” to cast it once, and the cooldown doesn’t reactivate (the bar stays black).

~ Kongdej

The game freezes because the data of the graphics does not match any of the Healer’s sprites (apparently they are hardcoded too, there’s more hardcoded stuff in the game than what anyone thinks).