The Red Right Hand+

Does anyone have advice for killing this thing on NG+? I’m one of those crazy people who does Extreme difficulty from the get-go (especially since basically all my defenders are maxed out right now), and I know that I need to use my Knights to kill it’s armor so it can be properly murdered, but I can’t find a decent build WITHOUT them that will let me survive the rest of the creeps. I’ve managed to Gold Star every other wave in the NG+ (though the Healer/Beserker and Ice Mage levels were difficult until I maxed out Azra), but I can’t get past this level.

Why would you need a build without them? I don’t think there’s one build for the whole level, I’m pretty sure you have to keep moving your Defenders.

Because I need my Knights around the Green entrance to kill the armor and do damage to the hand, but I can’t figure out a setup that will let me do both that and actually not die from angry hordes of… everything that isn’t the red right hand.

Red hand is susceptible to chill effect. So bring your ice mage to slow it down (can lower speed to as slow as 0.03) and use one or two knights to take its armor down. After that, use either berserkers or archers for DPS.

I finished this level with one knight and one ice mage attacking the hand from the start. Surviving the first 3 waves is probably the most challenging part, after that its not bad.

It might even be worth resetting a knight build - max out armor break and just two low-tier attack skills - and maybe you’d be able to strip his armor quite quickly AND cheaply with just boost 2 or 3 (and level 1 ice mage and healer) - that would leave a lot of PSI to cover other sectors. Just a thought. I haven’t done it in NG+ on extreme yet as I’m currently playing with other than full-party save, but all hand battles I’ve done so far in any difficulties typically used just one knight to get rid of the armor.