Various suggestions

Unlockables, from the main menu:

Zelemir Skin - Changes Azra’s sprite to Zelemir in battles. Beat Normal Game to unlock this.
Sorceress Skin - Changes Azra’s sprite to the Sorceress in battles. Beat every sidequest to unlock this.
Music Box - Unlocked from the beginning. Allows playing any music track in the game as you encounter them.
Bestiary - Unlocked from the beginning. Shows new monster stats as you win levels that contain them.

Books:

Book of Loneliness - Only one of each unit type may be placed, but their stats are doubled.
Book of Blight - Dragonfire ceases to do damage, instead attempting to hit every enemy on the screen with each status effect, for a 25% chance per status effect.

World Map area:

Shrine of Fire - Sacrifice junk here to the Gods of the Flame in order to imbue each of your six main characters with a bonus aspect. Your Knight could take damage for an adjacent ally who would have died from the hit for 100,000 junk, or your archer could hide and go invisible once per battle for 10 seconds if she’s brought under 20% of max HP for, or your priest could gain a Martyr aspect that instantly heals all allies in it’s radius when killed and blinds all enemies.

A new ‘What if?’ bonus battle: Zelemir, Sorceress and the God-guy all on the far reaches of the map forming a triangle with Azra in the middle. All three must be taken down to win.

The monster stats depend both on the level and difficulty of the level so the Bestiary would likely be pointless to implement. Other than that, cool ideas, I always thought it would be interesting if the Dragon could double as a range-increasing mount for the (non-ranger) character you place on it.

Bestiary would mostly be to see unit sprites, strengths and defenses.

Awesome suggestions. What about NG+ Skills for Azra’s? For example, she could learn Quaid and/or the symbols the Sorceress uses.

Truth be told, the Dragon was originally conceived as a mount, though not as a variable one. It was originally a Dragon Rider, where you had an archer on the back of the dragon. The archer would equip a bow and fire separately from the dragon, essentially being two units in one. Totally badass, I know, but we ended up scaling it down for the sake of ever finishing the game. Maybe in the sequel. :slight_smile:

I like the Book of Loneliness, we might end up using that one. The Bestiary I think is coming as a part of Azra’s Journal in version 1.1 (which may be a month or two away honestly). The skins sound like fun, but are super low priority. I like the idea of a music player, but again we need to finish up bug fixes and distribution first. Nice ideas, thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, I don’t think I saw the Journal in the game. Did you release it?
…There’s a sequel? :stuck_out_tongue: YES!!!

Ok ok, hold on - I didn’t mean it like that. “Maybe in the sequel” is a way Lars and I tell each other that an idea is cool but it’s not gonna happen unless we do a sequel. At this point there are no specific plans to do a sequel (or not to - we’re just focusing on the current game for now). My apologies if I implied otherwise!

The Journal did not make it into v1.0, but is intended for v1.1.

A sequel would be awesome. Give us multiple evolution paths for the characters, one or two new characters, tweak everything a bit, add in some fancy extra features for the maps (high grounds, super weapons, unique map conditions) and give us a whole new set of content to go through. The same sort of sequel bloons td has. It should be fairly fast to do and it would probably generate slightly more profit than the original.