Version for mobile devices?

Hi,

I was wondering if you consider making version also for mobile devices (ie. Android)?

Game is using AdobeAIR so I think it shouldn’t be impossible to adapt it to Android devices (AdobeAIR is on Market) and allows to play also when moving and setting up PC is not possible. Also it may attract other players.

I’ve done some technical research, it would be possible to get the game onto both Android tablets and the iPad using Adobe AIR packaging. However, given that we’re using the flixel engine we would need to dive into the guts of the code and make a lot of changes to take advantage of hardware acceleration available on those devices. In short, it’s definitely possible.

That said, we’d have to make a lot of changes to the interface to make it touch-compatibile - it’d be a significant undertaking, but it’s not something we’ve ruled out.

Porting it to phones is much less likely, because we would have to massively redesign the entire game - levels, interface, everything, to fit the tiny screen, and with a game as detailed and information-dense as DefQ, I’m just not sure that’s possible.

So - it’s possible the game could come to tablets in the future, but we’d have to surmount some technical and design barriers. We’d also have to crunch some numbers to make sure it’d be a good investment.