Dev Log

Oh, and Lars, locales for “LVL”, “Lvl” and “L” are needed.

Things seem stable enough that it’s time for a global push.

1.0.98 is being pushed out to Steam, auto-update server, Humble, and GOG.

I’ll fix any minor bugs in the next update patch, which will probably drop in a few weeks. I owe Kongregate a new build, too.

…and I broke the Steam builds. Way to go!

Rolled everything on Steam back to 1.0.97. Waiting for reports that this fixed things for everybody… will try to post a fixed patch tomorrow.

Okay, so this is interesting.

I can’t seem to find any problems with version 1.0.98. For the record, http://steamcommunity.com/app/218410/discussions/1/864973124131181945/. Basically, extreme battles were crashing for some reason. Just extreme battles, and only in 1.0.98 on Steam.

So, looking at the steam build I have locally, it seems to play totally fine for me. I can’t find any missing files and I can’t get extreme battles to crash. My guess is this means that what got uploaded to Steam is different than what I’m running locally. However, running the 1.0.98 version of the game that I downloaded via Steam doesn’t crash either… this is starting to get downright mysterious.

So, a few sanity questions:

1. Is anybody running the DRM-Free build of 1.0.98 also experiencing this bug?
  2. I’m about to re-upload the Steam 1.0.98 build to test_public. Can anyone test that and confirm whether the bug is still present?

Hi Lars,

I only have access to the test 1.0.97 GOG version at the place you gave me 4 days ago. Does it need to be updated for the .98 version?

Found the bug. It affects ALL Builds.

The anonymous book causes the error (hence only extreme battles).
The problem? The game can’t find the word “$MISC_ANONYMOUS” in the localization data. Even though it’s in data_system.csv. Why can’t it find it?

Because I had a stray tab character before the endline on the line above.

All’s well that ends well.

@babaganoosh:

Yeah, it would need me to upload a new GOG build. I’m going to refresh the test server with new builds in the next 15 minutes just to confirm this is fixed.

Reproduction case: equip the anonymous book, play an extreme battle, select a character to summon. The bug causes all of their display text to be messed up and/or crash the game.

New GOG build up on test server.

Okay,

I had it ready for the first prison battle from .97. I equipped the Anon Book, started the extreme battle, and summoned Anon Berserker & Anon Ranger just fine.

Azra died quickly in glorious fashion.

EDIT: I just tried it again from scratch, this time with both the Anon book, and the Book of Faces: Same good result. Will try again with just anon book.

EDIT X2: And that attempt was good.

Hmm, reading the latest in the steam thread, I cannot repro the bug in 1.0.98 at all. But I noticed one interesting thing - is that on purpose? When the anon book is equipped, selecting a hero for placement fills the character panel with placeholders. Once the character is placed and selected again, it looks OK. (Also it says “null (Berserker)” - is that again the intent?

And last but not least, the tooltop over the anonymous effect says $FLAV_ANONYM - should be $FLAV_ANONYMOUS to get looked up.

Yeah, that’s the bug actually. Not intended.

Bug fixed, patches gone out. Hope this solves the issue and lets me move on.

Lars,

We on GOG got the .98 build with the Anon Book problem instead of the .99 build.

Well, that’s unfortunate. In any case, version 1.1.00 has been sent to them that should fix this AND the problem with mods.

Incidentally, I’m pretty sure we might have the “can’t install mods from zip files” bug on our direct builds too, yes?

Okay, version 1.1.00 is up everywhere but Steam.

The only change in this version from 1.0.99 is this:
–Fixed bug with installing mods from zip files

I’m not sure if this is present in the Steam version, but given that Workshop is what most people will use there I will hold off on pushing a Steam patch until the next update, where I fix a bunch of other minor things and (hopefully) push a translation or two out.

When can we see the patch notes and such? i love patch notes it gives me a more better feel of what you guys are doing over there.

So changelogs or patch notes would be awesome.

And by the way, i love your game and i play it almost every day <3

Keep up the awesome work.

Hey, Zirzor.

You can see MANY patch notes here, in this forum! Specially in this topic!

— Begin quote from "MenDude"

Hey, Zirzor.

You can see MANY patch notes here, in this forum! Specially in this topic!

— End quote

Yes well, i want to see them lined up on the first page or something, they are all scattered now and most of the time its hard to find it.

And some patch notes arent even that useful info on, i wanna see the changes and whatnot on the first page if he just edits the post.

would be lovely.

Oh, you can always look at Steam, anyway…

Lars, after re-checking my data_system.csv, it has nothing commented out, but the same bug persists. Commenting the pt-PT entry in index.xml (locale) and deleting config.xml makes the game playable again.