General/random talk thread

This thread is for all chit-chat that you feel isn’t worthy of its own thread. Remember, keep it civil!

;>> I take it not many people are interested in chit-chatting around here very much? That’s a shame. I can’t really find many fans online, though I haven’t looked around the steam community just yet…

I doubt many people will be around the forums, until either a major update happens to DQ, DQ 2 ends late production or Lars posts hints on where to find all the secrets on DQ.

But hello to you. :slight_smile:

I’m wondering how much of that might be a lack of some sort of thread that people can regularly go into and stop by and say hi, or just drop in to? But that’s just my observation and experiences-- a place will have a better sense of community and possibly activity if there’s a few threads that are okay to make irrelevant chatter in, if the topic isn’t enough to make on its own [like, talking about other games or school or music or etc.]

Anyways, hallo Hollow! :smiley: I hope that you are doing well!

It’s probably just lack of topics to talk about - I mean, for general/random talk I typically have friends/family, so here I only talk about DQ stuff…

Aw, true, but I mean, why not make friends through the DQ forum?

— Begin quote from "ThatGirlwiththeBoots"

Aw, true, but I mean, why not make friends through the DQ forum?

— End quote

Sure, why not - but I don’t think high odds are that it will start in off-topic by some random discussion. Finding common gaming intereset might have a chance though…
/off to do some mode daily challenges in Bloons TD5 Deluxe

Of course. Not when there’s not a lot of people posting a topic to discuss.

I’ve recently gotten into Don’t Starve, though it’s mostly because a lot of the fanart was either REALLY COOL/DYNAMIC/VIOLENT or REALLY FUNNY/CUTE. there was like no in-between of just “action”.

— Begin quote from "ThatGirlwiththeBoots"

— End quote

You can’t do Daily Challenges in BTD5D…

Hi, anyway!

— Begin quote from "MenDude"

— Begin quote from "coyotik"

— End quote

Hi, anyway!

— End quote

Yea, I’ve done about 5 yesterday :slight_smile:

N.B. Fix your quoting :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from "coyot"

— Begin quote from "coyotik"

— End quote

— End quote

Hi, anyway!

Yea, I’ve done about 5 yesterday :slight_smile:

N.B. Fix your quoting :slight_smile:

— End quote

I meant, you can’t do daily challenges in Deluxe, only the online version.

— End quote

Yep, I know, but Deluxe contains 200 dailies, only you cannot choose which one you want to do…

— End quote

Yep, I know, but Deluxe contains 200 dailies, only you cannot choose which one you want to do…

— End quote

They are not dailies, because it is not updated daily, it just comes with a pack of 200 random challenges.

They are not dailies, because it is not updated daily, it just comes with a pack of 200 random challenges.

— End quote

No, they’re not random. They’re a selection of Daily challenges from BTD5. Meaning that for every single one you can find a thread on the NK forum in the BTD5 Daily Challenges section :slight_smile: .

The only difference between online and Deluxe is that in Deluxe, you cannot choose which one from the unfinished ones you’d want to tackle, it’ll be randomly chosen for you.

woot woot last day to do schoolwork, then I can cry-- i mean start playing dfq again.

It’s a few days since I mentioned HOMM franchise in another thread… GOG.com today has a huge sale of just about everything - and 17.5$ for the whole lot (HOMM1-5) is a bargain.
(DQ for 5$ as well, if you want to gift to somebody)

Howdy! I saw the rule that new accounts get deleted within 24 hours because of spam so I figured I’d better post.

So, hi everyone!

I went to college with Lars and he is my main inspiration for becoming a game developer, so his work is very close to my heart.

I should be posting some fan art for Defender’s Quest soon. As soon as I get home.

Wow. That’s good! I really like DQ fanart! :smiley:
And good to know you “found” Lars. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a few days since I mentioned HOMM franchise in another thread… GOG.com today has a huge sale of just about everything - and 17.5$ for the whole lot (HOMM1-5) is a bargain.
(DQ for 5$ as well, if you want to gift to somebody)

— End quote

Aaaaaa I saw that get on sale again and I’m so sad because I’m broke and don’t have much in the way of Paypal monies. :c HOMM is one of my gaming oldest series that I’m a fan of, even if I don’t know how dead the fandom might be [despite more games constantly being made. Thank you Ubisoft!]. I want to own pc versions of pretty much every Might and Magic game up to Heroes V+VI+CoH since I have those on Steam. [and I think Dark Messiah. I pretty much made sure I owned all the ones steam has out].

— Begin quote from "meganopteryx"

Howdy! I saw the rule that new accounts get deleted within 24 hours because of spam so I figured I’d better post.

So, hi everyone!

I went to college with Lars and he is my main inspiration for becoming a game developer, so his work is very close to my heart.

I should be posting some fan art for Defender’s Quest soon. As soon as I get home.

— End quote

Ah, hello! :smiley: Congrats on becoming a game developer, if I’m not misunderstanding what you said. You should totally share some college stories sometime!

@general: Hi everyone! It’s been sometime since I’ve been here! I got busy with moving on my graduation day, and had a much needed vacation from the world and everything in it by playing Eden Eternal and staying in my very first apartment. [Fun fact: I failed my very last final but still passed the class with a B. I didn’t find this out until months later. You have no idea how very confused this makes my brain when I could have sworn I was at a B before that and I don’t have any sort of special snowflake cred with that professor.]
Then I had to find work while trying to de-stress and not regress from the final year of college. Until recently I was pretty much living off the remnants of financial aid and some inheritance when I got hired on as a barista at Starbucks! It’s my first job, and I’ve been there for about five weeks now? Maybe six. It’s the first time I’ve needed to really do some manual labor, and quickly, so I’ve usually been too tired to get online lately. I got an email notification about a message on here though from Lars, so I checked that out and I might try to be back again! It’ll be hard though, since my phone’s wifi is iffy at best inside my apartment. D: And my apartment’s where I usually stay and hide from the world after all the customers that order drinks. [I may or may not be working on getting Internet after this next paycheck, when I’m able to determine if I can afford it.]
So glad to see that the forum’s gaining activity again now that DfQII’s been announced! ^^

Merry , everyone