Dev Log

— Begin quote from "Mirnaia"

— Begin quote from "larsiusprime"

Fixes infinite-inspire exploit on boss levels

— End quote

Just out of curiosity, how does it fix that (assuming the exploit is summon healer, Inspire-recall, and not something else)?

— End quote

By changing the logic for loss-free recalls from “no waves started” to “no actions of the defender used” I think. So, if the healer casts Zeal, he loses the “free recall” status.

— Begin quote from "coyot"

— Begin quote from "Mirnaia"

Fixes infinite-inspire exploit on boss levels

— End quote

— End quote

Just out of curiosity, how does it fix that (assuming the exploit is summon healer, Inspire-recall, and not something else)?

By changing the logic for loss-free recalls from “no waves started” to “no actions of the defender used” I think. So, if the healer casts Zeal, he loses the “free recall” status.

— End quote

Cool, that’s a good fix.

Confirmed: as soon as a defender takes an action, their 100% recall goes away and you pay the regular price.

Just posted this on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218410/ ... 6810320962

— Begin quote from ____

Hey everybody!

So, hot of the heels of the last patch, I’ve already fixed some more bugs and got a new patch out for the test_public beta branch. Windows-only for now.

(For instructions on testing, see the previous announcement)

Here’s what’s new:
–Cloud synch issues should be fixed now.
–Now you can specify where your saves/mods are stored
–Fixes mod bugs introduced in the last patch
–Now you can reload mods from the title screen with one click

WARNING

The directory thing is a pretty big change, so be careful with it. I’d advise testers to back up all their saves and/or custom mods before trying out version 1.0.91.

The new feature lets you specify where the game keeps your save files and mods. This feature was introduced b/c some people seemed to have trouble with installing mods, and my suspicion is that the problem might be related to folder permissions. Hopefully players can fix this error by creating a custom directory to store their data in.

There’s no telling exactly how this might interact with cloud saves and mod saves. I’ve tested it on my local machine, and it all seems to work just fine, but messing around with player save data is kind of scary. So be careful, and let me know if you find any severe bugs here! I’ll fix them ASAP.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

And no, the achievements bug isn’t fixed yet. I’m working on it.

— End quote

As soon as I get some feedback on the patch and stabilize everything I’ll start working on the DRM-Free builds.

Okaaaay!

Just pushed version 1.0.94 to test_public today on Steam. This fixes two remaining bugs:

-Makes missing locale flags in mods “fall through” and show the versions in the default locale text
-Fixes “overworld residue” graphics from default game, which was showing up in mods

I have also compiled version 1.0.94 for windows and am currently uploading it to our long-neglected public test page for DRM-free builds! This version has all the features I’ve been pushing to Steam, minus Steamworks integration, of course. Please let me know if you find any bugs in it – I anticipate that any bugs that aren’t present in the steam version would appear with mod stuff, where a conditional compilation flag to segregate steam/not-steam behavior isn’t working properly.

I’m going to compile mac and linux builds too, and also try to get some GOG builds up on the test server while I’m at it. The idea is to get all the versions updated and synched, and get some tester eyeballs on them, so that I can hopefully find any and all problems, fix them, and synch everything up before the week is done.

Thanks for your patience, everybody.

I will post again when each build goes up. The windows version of 1.0.94 DRM-free should be up on test our servers in a few minutes.

That’s AWESOME! Your sooooooooo good, Lars!
Hey, are you planning something “different” in version 1.1.00, btw? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, just residual updates and then we’re pretty much finished. I have to move on to working on the next game :slight_smile:

Okay, then. Somewhat expecting a more-than-minor change. XD

Update:

This is taking longer than expected (as usual). There’s some serious glitches with the mac build, but I think it’s all just the result of different path strings on mac than on PC. Should have it sorted soon, but the next builds probably won’t happen until Tuesday.

Nah, just residual updates and then we’re pretty much finished. I have to move on to working on the next game :slight_smile:

— End quote

Well, there’s food for thought for a bit more fixing/polishing (I probably reported some of it earlier, but my memory is leaky).

1. When redoing a character, clicking OK without making any changes still throws up confirmation dialog.
  2. The font used on battle report screen for rewards doesn’t support Czech characters. Please switch to the font used to describe Azra’s status. (I’d also vote for removing the dots between the text and the reward, as for higher rewards they overlap with the reward value.
  3. “base attack” bonus on weapons not translated
  4. When an armor saves against an attack, the would-have-been damage is displayed overlapping the SAVED! text
  5. I thnk I mentioned it - poison displays weird numbers in creep tooltip, something about reduced regeneration and a number about 100 times the poison power.

— Begin quote from "coyot"

Well, there’s food for thought for a bit more fixing/polishing (I probably reported some of it earlier, but my memory is leaky).

1. When redoing a character, clicking OK without making any changes still throws up confirmation dialog.
  2. The font used on battle report screen for rewards doesn’t support Czech characters. Please switch to the font used to describe Azra’s status. (I’d also vote for removing the dots between the text and the reward, as for higher rewards they overlap with the reward value.
  3. “base attack” bonus on weapons not translated
  4. When an armor saves against an attack, the would-have-been damage is displayed overlapping the SAVED! text
  5. I thnk I mentioned it - poison displays weird numbers in creep tooltip, something about reduced regeneration and a number about 100 times the poison power.

— End quote

1. Well, that’s to make sure you don’t want to change anything. :roll:
  2. Yes, the dots are quite weird.
  3. Oh! So THAT’S what happens! My mage has something that saves, and sometimes weird stuff apears. It does NOT happen from those decimating attacks, probably because they don’t deal damage. Yes, they don’t, they just set the HP to XX%.
  4. imagines Poison displaying 173346 DMG/sec LOL

@coyot:

Thanks for those, I’ll try to hit those in the next patch, ~1.0.96.

Right now I’m on 1.0.95. I just got Mac compatibility to work and I’m about to test it on Linux. I’ll test them locally then upload to the test servers, then hit a few more tweaks like the stuff mentioned above and try to get a global patch out ASAP.

What version is Mac in, btw?

Everything on Steam should be version 1.0.95. Windows and Mac are up on test_public, I’m working on some bugs in the Linux version at the moment.

The DRM-Free builds (our site, update server, kongregate, GOG) have not been updated yet.

1. I can’t reproduce this… unless you’re talking about when you re-spec a character, and then set their skills to be exactly the same as they were before?
  2. Delayed until next round of patches.
  3. Fixed. Also langified “Decimate by X%” string, which was also hard-coded.
  4. Fixed. Also “Saved!” and “Miss” are now exposed to localization.
  5. I can’t reproduce the poison bug either. What you’re describing sounds a lot like it’s incorrectly displaying the unused “disease” flavor instead of poison, but I’m not seeing this in my build. For clarification sake: this is when a defender poisons an enemy, you select the enemy and mouseover the poison icon on their status panel? It might already be fixed in my local build.

Fixes will be in 1.0.96, going up on test server soon.

Version 1.0.96 is up on the test server across the board:
-Windows
-Mac
-Linux

1. I can’t reproduce this… unless you’re talking about when you re-spec a character, and then set their skills to be exactly the same as they were before?

— End quote

Not respec, graphical redesign - go there and click Accept without modifying anything. It’s just a triviality, but one excepts such dialogs to be triggered only when they’ve actually changed something.

— Begin quote from ____

I can’t reproduce the poison bug either. What you’re describing sounds a lot like it’s incorrectly displaying the unused “disease” flavor instead of poison, but I’m not seeing this in my build. For clarification sake: this is when a defender poisons an enemy, you select the enemy and mouseover the poison icon on their status panel? It might already be fixed in my local build.

— End quote

Ah, it seems it was my fault - czech localization only, I had disease and poison descriptions swapped. I’ll fix and send it over along with any changes done in .96

Ah, I see! Yeah, that should be fixed, especially since the game has no mechanism for remembering your old colors and reverting to them. Next round of patches.

GOG builds for Mac/Windows, version 1.0.96, are both up too.

Now I wait for you lot to mercilessly destroy the builds and tell me what all the problems are.

Please report anything you find, no matter how minor, just know that I’m keen to get a public release out ASAP (for reasons I won’t specify just yet) so only critical bugs will keep me from pushing out 1.0.96.

Czech fixes in the mail. Spotted two new bugs - first the options misc screen seems borked, and second, the game saves config.xml in configured save directory, but still reads the old one. So if you change your save directory, you effectively lose the ability to change configuration. (If it were on me, I’d include the save with the configs, of course, for easier backups)